- RT @andrewdstreet: Vikings were pioneers of craft and international trade, not just pillaging theconversation.com/vikings-were-p… via @ConversationUK 57 minutes ago
- RT @MattWhittakerRF: @djmgaffneyw4 @BenChu_ Even before regional costs, Ldn second to SE when account for h/hold size & switch to median ht… 3 hours ago
- @jzuccollo @BenChu_ I meant to look at this a while back. 1st chart implies most of Labour pre-recession deficit was capital spend. 3 hours ago
- @StrongerInNos Thanks Michael. @djmgaffneyw4 @TheIFS 3 hours ago
- RT @GaryLineker: There can't be a more corrupt, deplorable organisation on earth than FIFA. The house of cards is falling. Time for change! 3 hours ago
- RT @UberSerf: Is Blatter's FIFA a symptom of a new, more corrupt world order? Excellent but depressing @FT piece: on.ft.com/1PNAydk 3 hours ago
- Regional income disparity since 1997. Good job Northern Powerhouse will sort it out, eh? http://t.co/x65Ay90psq 5 hours ago
- RT @resfoundation: Comparing the living standards squeeze: London had biggest employment income fall, offset by profits and house prices ht… 5 hours ago
- @StrongerInNos Missed that. Where was it? @djmgaffneyw4 @TheIFS 5 hours ago
- RT @janemerrick23: I can't believe they made her say "Northern Powerhouse" #QueensSpeech 6 hours ago
- RT @jessbrammar: Can someone please make a banging club classic out of a loop of the Queen saying "Northern Powerhouse"? 6 hours ago
- RT @EdConwaySky: When we talk abt London versus the rest, we should really be talking abt west central London vs the rest. @ONS figs: http:… 8 hours ago
- Inequality in the UK
- A 1995 immigration target for a 2015 economy
- How different is Scotland?
- Labour lost the economic argument 5 years ago
- The deficit: much tougher than it looked
- Are the Conservatives ideologically driven state-shrinkers?
- The Tories and welfare: Machiavellian or just muddling through?
- Recovery: Was that it?
- Low productivity: don’t blame the workforce
- Startups and the productivity puzzle
- David Nicholson is right: The NHS will need more money
- Flip Chart Cat
Monthly Archives: May 2009
This is funny. Well it made me laugh anyway. Cassette Boy produced this spoof of The Apprentice by splicing together clips from 43 episodes. Listen through headphones if you’re at work! Hat Tip: Guru
The Economist has just posted an article on HR Transformation. It begins: Human resources transformation refers to the massive restructuring of corporate human resources (HR) departments that took place in the decade or so after 1995. Before that, the staff … Continue reading
The announcement by Standard and Poors that it might, in four years or so, downgrade the UK’s credit rating from AAA to AA, has brought forth predictable hysteria from the usual suspects. But this doesn’t mean that the UK is currently in a … Continue reading
I’m dismayed by the number of political mavericks being talked up in the media as possible replacements for Michael Martin when he steps down as Speaker of the House of Commons next month. The Speaker’s job is absolutely not one for a … Continue reading
It probably sounds perverse, but one of the things I like about talking to HR people who have been around the block a few times is their war stories. This is a classic: Advised by a manager of an incident, I … Continue reading
Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I have been asked to help out with a major re-organisation which will probably take up a lot of my time over the next few months. Posting may therefore be a bit … Continue reading