- RT @djmgaffneyw4: The rest of the nation may wish to consider bowing its head in shame around the same time. twitter.com/johnestevens/s… 3 hours ago
- RT @TheIJR: VICE Reporter: Charlottesville Protesters ‘Didn't Talk About Robert E. Lee…They Chanted About Jews' ijr.com/2017/08/952275… 3 hours ago
- RT @smartnotstupid: There's a second EU referendum tomorrow, so which way will you vote? Please Retweet 3 hours ago
- RT @ITabroad: ‘I’m packing my bags today’: The Irish leaving Brexit Britain irishtimes.com/life-and-style… 3 hours ago
- RT @HEontap: Frenzied battle to snare students as universities fight for survival ow.ly/uX2X50dxB4U | Guardian 3 hours ago
- RT @StrongerInNos: @cpmcgonagle Benedict Cumberbatch! 3 hours ago
- RT @Sime0nStylites: 1. Thread re DD's article in the Times today - link: thetimes.co.uk/article/292956… 3 hours ago
- @SimonCarswell @chapps @SirWilliamD Insurance, central civil service and retail banking. Ties seem to have gone almost everywhere else. 3 hours ago
- @allanholloway @SirWilliamD Poor bugger could only afford a half of mild. 3 hours ago
- RT @manuman61: Questions are where's the scientific evidence eg pigment samples, and where's #Bendor? #FakeorFortune 5 hours ago
- @FrankBath Egregious? 5 hours ago
- RT @Frances_Coppola: So, in conclusion, the paper is very wrong about goods trade, and seriously deficient on services trade. It is, frankl… 5 hours ago
- Sitcom Britain
- Minimum overtime pay: a nudge for lazy managers
- Britain’s stay-at-home youth
- Ending the pay squeeze – could the unions make a comeback?
- HBO’s Confederate: What about the half that hasn’t been told?
- The tribunal fees case and why we still need unions
- The rise and fall of the property-owning democracy
- Brexit: the visionless vacuum
- An honest debate about austerity and tax
- The end of the state-shrinking dream
- A UK-EU customs union: An option most of us could live with?
- Has insecurity peaked?
Dipper on Sitcom Britain Charlie on Sitcom Britain Dipper on Sitcom Britain Dipper on Sitcom Britain Patricia Leighton on Sitcom Britain Dipper on Sitcom Britain theuxbridgegraduate on Sitcom Britain Jim on Sitcom Britain Florence on Sitcom Britain YL on Minimum overtime pay: a nudge… sdbast on Minimum overtime pay: a nudge… George Carty on Britain’s stay-at-home y…
Monthly Archives: May 2009
This is funny. Well it made me laugh anyway. Cassette Boy produced this spoof of The Apprentice by splicing together clips from 43 episodes. Listen through headphones if you’re at work! Hat Tip: Guru
The Economist has just posted an article on HR Transformation. It begins: Human resources transformation refers to the massive restructuring of corporate human resources (HR) departments that took place in the decade or so after 1995. Before that, the staff … Continue reading
The announcement by Standard and Poors that it might, in four years or so, downgrade the UK’s credit rating from AAA to AA, has brought forth predictable hysteria from the usual suspects. But this doesn’t mean that the UK is currently in a … Continue reading
I’m dismayed by the number of political mavericks being talked up in the media as possible replacements for Michael Martin when he steps down as Speaker of the House of Commons next month. The Speaker’s job is absolutely not one for a … Continue reading
It probably sounds perverse, but one of the things I like about talking to HR people who have been around the block a few times is their war stories. This is a classic: Advised by a manager of an incident, I … Continue reading
Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I have been asked to help out with a major re-organisation which will probably take up a lot of my time over the next few months. Posting may therefore be a bit … Continue reading