- @PickardJE That’s probably why I’d never really listened to it. Mentally switched off whenever it came in. 6 hours ago
- @PickardJE It was embarrassingly recently that I realised it was about beating and raping slaves. 6 hours ago
- RT @TimPitt11: Too early to say whether this crisis marks a lasting turning point for the econ (i.e. a 1945/1979). But it is throwing up de… 6 hours ago
- RT @TimPitt11: 3/ And finally, who pays for all this? Cuts to public services/welfare were main tool of last consolidation, but surely impo… 6 hours ago
- RT @TimPitt11: This graph from Martin Wolf’s piece today shows the terrifying economic impact of Covid – and why governments are rightly th… 6 hours ago
- “The idea that illness is a character test, with recovery as a reward for the valiant, is glib to the point of insu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- RT @alanbeattie: @DmitryOpines @IanDunt theonion.com/loved-ones-rec… 8 hours ago
- RT @IanDunt: I do wish people would stop with this 'he's a fighter' thing when someone is ill. I know it's meant to be encouraging, but it… 8 hours ago
- Eurozone’s two biggest economies sink into historic recessions ft.com/content/ca3018… via @financialtimes 8 hours ago
- @HanwellNature @CPRE @Team4Nature @GreenGymPenge @redgreenaction @NTlovesLondon @ParkLifeWLondon @NatFedParks… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- @HanwellNature @CPRE @Team4Nature @GreenGymPenge @redgreenaction @NTlovesLondon @ParkLifeWLondon @NatFedParks… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- RT @resfoundation: Tomorrow, we are publishing our quarterly Housing Outlook, co-authored by Lindsay Judge and @carapacitti . The latest ed… 14 hours ago
- Don’t make the self-employed the punchbag of the next recession
- The Hoaxer
- Whatever happened to The Debt?
- Johnson’s Suez
- Brexit is the road to nowhere, whoever is driving the car
- The privatisation of capitalism
- 12 reasons why Labour should oppose Brexit
- Brexit: Where do we go from here?
- Do people want a new centrist party?
- A tale of two constituencies
- Brexit as a bad career move
- Why is the EU in no hurry for a trade deal?
Category Archives: Financial Crisis
Historian EP Thompson remarked on our tendency to see history as a series of events which lead up to the present, and our own time, therefore, as the end of the story. So, for example, we say that capitalism eventually … Continue reading
Doctors and managers in the NHS are often accused of shroud waving whenever cuts are proposed. You know how it goes, “Cut NHS budgets and thousands of people will diiiiie!!!” It’s usually enough to send most politicians running for cover. But the … Continue reading