- RT @BBCLondon949: The Airports Commission recommends a third runway's built at Heathrow saying it would provide £147bn in economic growth &… 29 minutes ago
- @dds180 Your lot came via Goa then? @WildFigSolns @sukhpabial 31 minutes ago
- RT @FuturistGraeme: Graphene Will Change Everything from Smartphones to Electric Cars flip.it/H69Y3 1 hour ago
- RT @doctorow: Philosopher referee hand-signals http://t.co/Pt6wEZ6VxU 1 hour ago
- RT @BenDWallace: As Earth's Spin Slows, Clocks Get Another Leap Second news360.com/article/300125… 1 hour ago
- RT @Frances_Coppola: When is a default not a default? forbes.com/sites/francesc… #greece 1 hour ago
- @DMchr @PhilWillcox Thanks both. I can't remember where I found the Lucius quote. I've been using it for years. 1 hour ago
- RT @Frances_Coppola: @WEAYL @maxim_k @Simon_Nixon Oh, markets will be happy. But there is a big wide world out there that is not "markets".… 9 hours ago
- @pubstrat Rows and flows of angel hair, And ice cream castles in the air, And feather canyons everywhere... 9 hours ago
- @SimonHeath1 Good innit? @workessence 9 hours ago
- UK debt outlook bad but others worse. bis.org/publ/arpdf/ar2… Via @BIS_org http://t.co/xwAsr1o41k 14 hours ago
- @keepnhspublic @NHAparty Well he has. Just not by as much as everyone else did. 16 hours ago
- The rise or fall of management
- Cutting in-work benefits: right-wingers think it’s a bad idea too
- Work-shy dole scroungers – so last century
- How big a problem is the UK’s public debt?
- Is a £12bn welfare cut achievable? Only with a big pay rise!
- Trash Can Radio
- What will your powerhouse do for you?
- Inequality in the UK
- A 1995 immigration target for a 2015 economy
- How different is Scotland?
- Labour lost the economic argument 5 years ago
- The deficit: much tougher than it looked
Monthly Archives: August 2009
I was somewhat surprised to read this when I looked at the NHS productivity website this morning: Unfortunately due to the introduction of the Electronic Staff record (ESR), the Department of Health have been unable to produce the workforce indicators … Continue reading
Outsourcing company Serco shot up the FTSE 100 league table earlier this week after reporting a 31 per-cent rise in revenues and a confident outlook for the next few years. Damian Reece , in the Telegraph, remarked that the FTSE 100 now contains seven … Continue reading
Employee Branding is a concept that has been around for a few years now. For those who have never heard of it, Employee Branding is not about employers stamping logos on their workers with a hot iron, although I often think some … Continue reading
Have you ever worked with a Teflon colleague? I have come across several during my career. A couple of them even had the word in the nicknames by which they were known, as in ‘Teflon James’ or ‘Teflon Andy’. Whatever … Continue reading
The Times reports that Sharon Shoesmith’s legal challenge against the government has been fast-tracked by the High Court. The judicial review, in which Ms Shoesmith will try to prove that Ed Balls exceeded his powers when he removed her, will start on 7th … Continue reading
When American campaigners against President Obama’s health-care reforms attacked his plans by throwing wild accusations against the NHS, it was inevitable that the row would spread to Britain. In the media and the blogosphere, the supporters and opponents of both systems … Continue reading