- @Frances_Coppola Are you going to fillet this polemic? 47 minutes ago
- @Frances_Coppola Doesn’t that assume that the Cold War is actually over? 47 minutes ago
- RT @Gilesyb: You can find a fair smattering of nonsense in this piece by Louis de Bernières - I'd pick the blithe belief in "Johnson pullin… 1 hour ago
- RT @chrishanretty: "Louis de Bernières on Brexit" is more or less what you would expect from a 65 year old man living in Bungay https://t.c… 1 hour ago
- @johnb78 @djackmanson ‘In every generation, the British Parliament seems to be dying.’ researchgate.net/publication/30… 1 hour ago
- RT @dlknowles: Every time I go to a supermarket in America I find myself missing Tesco and if that isn't a sign that American capitalism ha… 1 hour ago
- RT @oldtrotter: The reason the monarch moved around the country was to demonstrate power, not to give it away. That was the purpose of Henr… 1 hour ago
- RT @johnb78: Although the Express/Python thing is funny, it is worth remembering that the current UK passport says QUIM at the top of it in… 1 hour ago
- RT @ProfDaveAndress: How "quick on its feet, and responsive" can you be against a shameless looter who will tell one lie in the morning, an… 1 hour ago
- RT @BEERG: The level of delusion displayed in this article is staggering, on so many levels. Apparently, where the UK has ended up on Brexi… 1 hour ago
- As President Woodrow Wilson said, “I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.” twitter.com/simonheath1/st… 2 hours ago
- This is, er, an interesting corporate approach to monitoring employees’ financial well-being! (HT @dds180) twitter.com/oregonprogress… 2 hours ago
- The Hoaxer
- Whatever happened to The Debt?
- Johnson’s Suez
- Brexit is the road to nowhere, whoever is driving the car
- The privatisation of capitalism
- 12 reasons why Labour should oppose Brexit
- Brexit: Where do we go from here?
- Do people want a new centrist party?
- A tale of two constituencies
- Brexit as a bad career move
- Why is the EU in no hurry for a trade deal?
- An Irish Sea border is a silly idea but so is the cake-and-eat-it bluster
jayarava on Whatever happened to The … Jim on The Hoaxer gunnerbear on The Hoaxer gunnerbear on The Hoaxer gunnerbear on The Hoaxer Dipper on The Hoaxer asquith on The Hoaxer fatjacques on The Hoaxer Dipper on The Hoaxer Patrica Leighton on The Hoaxer Dipper on Whatever happened to The … jayarava on Whatever happened to The …
Monthly Archives: May 2016
The FT’s Janan Ganesh was at his most eloquent earlier this week when he laid into Leave campaigners who dismiss anything from the Remain side as establishment or elitist. There is bespoke invective for any third party who speaks against their cause, always … Continue reading
An ageing population is not just a developed country problem, says Steve Johnson in the FT. This mind-boggling graphic shows the speed at which countries went, or are expected to go, from 7 percent to 21 percent of their population aged over 65, … Continue reading
There was a new twist on the Brexit and immigration question last week. The Leave campaign came up with the Save British Curry slogan. Priti Patel blamed the EU for the tougher restrictions on non-EU workers. This, she claimed, was preventing restauranteurs from … Continue reading
According to the ONS, the discrepancy between the immigration figures and the number of National Insurance numbers issued to EU nationals can be explained by short-term migration. The regularly reported ONS figures only counted people who were in the UK for … Continue reading