- Great session on Better Working Lives with #CIPD's @Cheese_Peter. For the record, my comment about @dds180's pullover was a joke. 45 minutes ago
- "Policy-based evidence-making" - sometimes a phrase just captures the zeitgeist. twitter.com/StrongerInNos/… 3 hours ago
- RT @SimonTilford: Could #Brexit turn the UK into the poor man of Western Europe? A new CER policy brief: cer.org.uk/publications/a… 1. https… 3 hours ago
- This is well worth a read. I will follow up later this week. twitter.com/Frances_Coppol… 3 hours ago
- RT @RowanEConway: Only inclusive growth can ensure the UK works for everyone - RSA thersa.org/discover/publi… 4 hours ago
- RT @theRSAorg: "Economic growth has become increasingly a niche rather than mainstream experience" @anthonypainter ow.ly/ZS84304ywRq… 4 hours ago
- RT @adam_tooze: Nice article by @profsufi Why You Should Blame the Financial Crisis for Political Polarization and the Rise of Trump https:… 4 hours ago
- RT @JackofKent: The many hurdles of Brexit – a short summary post jackofkent.com/2016/09/the-ma… 7 hours ago
- RT @s8mb: I'd like to read a post by someone who understands this stuff better than me about why the pound is so weak but equities relative… 11 hours ago
- RT @katie_martin_fx: Apparently it's heading for a 'golden autumn' Sunlit uplands innit twitter.com/fastFT/status/… 11 hours ago
- RT @Stephen_Curry: Smart take on Brexit politics from @annemcelvoy theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 13 hours ago
- @dougshaw1 @BenMorton2 Can you still get the glassy shine? 14 hours ago
- Globalisation: Not as big an elephant as we thought
- Don’t write the left off yet
- We are not all temps and freelancers yet
- Immigration and the ‘left behind’
- Are we prepared for post-Polish Britain?
- There will be no post-Brexit dividend
- Brexit: Enough David Brent, this is serious!
- The not so new illiberalism
- ‘I own you’ – work as subordination
- The quest for Sir Phillipe’s gold – a short medieval yarn
- Taking back control – if only for a day
- It’s beginning to feel a bit 2012-ish
Christopher Bird on Globalisation: Not as big an e… SwedishMeatball on Globalisation: Not as big an e… bill40 on Globalisation: Not as big an e… Metatone on Globalisation: Not as big an e… Bob the consultant a… on There will be no post-Brexit… magistraetmater on Don’t write the left off… Mike Ellwood on There will be no post-Brexit… Mike Ellwood on Don’t write the left off… Truth to Power on Don’t write the left off… gunnerbear on Don’t write the left off… The Spending Review… on Dr Cameron’s advice to c… Rick on Don’t write the left off…
Monthly Archives: October 2007
Many years ago, at the tail end of the Thatcher era, I did a CIPD qualification. On the syllabus was Harry Braverman’s Labor and Monopoly Capital. It was considered, at the time, to be the seminal Marxist work on the labour process and the … Continue reading
I’m often impressed by the ability of women to run for trains and buses while wearing high heels. This, however, is just plain bloody stupid.
There is a blogger tradition that Friday is Official Cat Blogging Day. That’s why I have posted this video which, if you’ve ever lived with a cat, will make you laugh. Our cat even sleeps in the same spot on the … Continue reading
Associated Newspapers, owners of the Daily Mail and Evening Standard, have threatened recruitment blogger Peter Gold with legal action. It appears that Peter dissed The Appointment, their retail recruitment magazine, and so Associated have sent the boys round. Well, they’ve written Peter … Continue reading
This is an odd thing to hear from a Tory shadow minister. Theresa May has said that employers who are found guilty of pay discrimination should be forced to conduct an equal pay audit. For those unfamiliar with this process, it … Continue reading
Oh dear! The Corporate Whore is trying to pull one of the HR people at his firm. He’s planning to make his move at a pre-Christmas drinking bout. I just know it will end in tears. Possibly even P45s. These things always do.