- @PeterFlorence @holland_tom Is it online anywhere? 1 hour ago
- RT @JeremyCliffe: Post-election polling shows ethnic minorities tilting to Tories. Massive long-term implications for Labour. My paper: htt… 1 hour ago
- RT @AlexanderProud: "Linen Suits Make you look like a Paedophile geography teacher" and other summer style tips for men. @TelegraphMen > ht… 2 hours ago
- @AlexanderProud Which polo shirts mean "pub fight"? 2 hours ago
- @Adam_Creme But better pubs near this one. 2 hours ago
- Absurd when members of the government go on about 'The Establishment'. twitter.com/politicshome/s… 2 hours ago
- @djmgaffneyw4 @StrongerInNos Or am I just being cynical? 10 hours ago
- @djmgaffneyw4 @StrongerInNos So make a big fuss about negotiating something you could have done anyway, then claim victory over EU regs? 10 hours ago
- Interesting piece from 1997 on another electoral catastrophe. lrb.co.uk/v19/n13/ross-m… 1 day ago
- RT @dropthedebt: Greece’s misery shows we need bankruptcy for countries - @heatherstewart3 on the gaping hole in post-Crash reforms http://… 1 day ago
- RT @CJFDillow: Blogged: some Blairites seem to be under-estimating Blair's actual achievements: bit.ly/1EnrH68 1 day ago
- RT @CJFDillow: Blogged: some anti-business policies are good for the economy: bit.ly/1ei69TO 1 day ago
- A 1995 immigration target for a 2015 economy
- How different is Scotland?
- Labour lost the economic argument 5 years ago
- The deficit: much tougher than it looked
- Are the Conservatives ideologically driven state-shrinkers?
- The Tories and welfare: Machiavellian or just muddling through?
- Recovery: Was that it?
- Low productivity: don’t blame the workforce
- Startups and the productivity puzzle
- David Nicholson is right: The NHS will need more money
- Flip Chart Cat
- Buccaneering Britain
Monthly Archives: October 2007
Many years ago, at the tail end of the Thatcher era, I did a CIPD qualification. On the syllabus was Harry Braverman’s Labor and Monopoly Capital. It was considered, at the time, to be the seminal Marxist work on the labour process and the … Continue reading
I’m often impressed by the ability of women to run for trains and buses while wearing high heels. This, however, is just plain bloody stupid.
There is a blogger tradition that Friday is Official Cat Blogging Day. That’s why I have posted this video which, if you’ve ever lived with a cat, will make you laugh. Our cat even sleeps in the same spot on the … Continue reading
Associated Newspapers, owners of the Daily Mail and Evening Standard, have threatened recruitment blogger Peter Gold with legal action. It appears that Peter dissed The Appointment, their retail recruitment magazine, and so Associated have sent the boys round. Well, they’ve written Peter … Continue reading
This is an odd thing to hear from a Tory shadow minister. Theresa May has said that employers who are found guilty of pay discrimination should be forced to conduct an equal pay audit. For those unfamiliar with this process, it … Continue reading
Oh dear! The Corporate Whore is trying to pull one of the HR people at his firm. He’s planning to make his move at a pre-Christmas drinking bout. I just know it will end in tears. Possibly even P45s. These things always do.