- @georgemagnus1 Thanks George, it looks really interesting stuff. @johnauthers 7 hours ago
- @RaviSubbie Nice one. Might have to nick that. @StrongerInNos 7 hours ago
- Today's post: Why low paid self-employment is everyone's problem flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com/2016/10/26/why… 7 hours ago
- RT @prospect_uk: How important is “passporting” to the City of London? prospectmagazine.co.uk/economics-and-… @OpenEurope https://t.co/ctD6bIEIMv 7 hours ago
- @georgemagnus1 @johnauthers Sorry, yes, I got that but which article? 7 hours ago
- Chart by @StrongerInNos showing number of workers in the UK from each EU country. https://t.co/KSmIlAfuzy 7 hours ago
- @georgemagnus1 @johnauthers Where did this chart come from? 7 hours ago
- RT @georgemagnus1: On demog/asset prices/rates, @johnauthers was kind enough to reproduce 1 of my charts. In the original I also put China.… 9 hours ago
- @martincouzins So I hear. Never watched the thing. 9 hours ago
- RT @IanDunt: Liam Fox genuinely said this. He really actually did. twitter.com/Deceanglius/st… 10 hours ago
- RT @longshortmag: Some think we should run democracies on the blockchain. But it might not be such a good idea – here's why https://t.co/EF… 10 hours ago
- RT @kevingreenrec: A very balanced approach to the new world of independent work from the @ft bit.ly/2eNMq2q?cc=448… 10 hours ago
- Why low paid self-employment is everyone’s problem
- Youth o’ today – not as lucky as they used to be
- Boomers and Busters
- Globalisation: Not as big an elephant as we thought
- Don’t write the left off yet
- We are not all temps and freelancers yet
- Immigration and the ‘left behind’
- Are we prepared for post-Polish Britain?
- There will be no post-Brexit dividend
- Brexit: Enough David Brent, this is serious!
- The not so new illiberalism
- ‘I own you’ – work as subordination
Monthly Archives: October 2007
Many years ago, at the tail end of the Thatcher era, I did a CIPD qualification. On the syllabus was Harry Braverman’s Labor and Monopoly Capital. It was considered, at the time, to be the seminal Marxist work on the labour process and the … Continue reading
I’m often impressed by the ability of women to run for trains and buses while wearing high heels. This, however, is just plain bloody stupid.
There is a blogger tradition that Friday is Official Cat Blogging Day. That’s why I have posted this video which, if you’ve ever lived with a cat, will make you laugh. Our cat even sleeps in the same spot on the … Continue reading
Associated Newspapers, owners of the Daily Mail and Evening Standard, have threatened recruitment blogger Peter Gold with legal action. It appears that Peter dissed The Appointment, their retail recruitment magazine, and so Associated have sent the boys round. Well, they’ve written Peter … Continue reading
This is an odd thing to hear from a Tory shadow minister. Theresa May has said that employers who are found guilty of pay discrimination should be forced to conduct an equal pay audit. For those unfamiliar with this process, it … Continue reading
Oh dear! The Corporate Whore is trying to pull one of the HR people at his firm. He’s planning to make his move at a pre-Christmas drinking bout. I just know it will end in tears. Possibly even P45s. These things always do.