- RT @canofwormstwo: Oldest Tory Think Tank Endorses UKIP .Yesterday @Nigel_Farage won landslide SEO victory.#UKIP is winning! http://t.co/8… 7 hours ago
- RT @ConversationUK: No, there is no such thing as the "women's vote". There is a diversity of women in the UK bit.ly/1cc6pmq #GE2015 7 hours ago
- @fionamcbride Thanks Fiona 7 hours ago
- RT @StrongerInNos: @D_Blanchflower @LabourEoin Real wages over parliamentary terms. Biggest drop since Disraeli fullfact.org/economy/have_w… htt… 12 hours ago
- RT @StrongerInNos: @jamestplunkett @ONS A clear example of why the US can have higher health spending and worse outcomes. http://t.co/pEVXt… 12 hours ago
- "A recovery based on repeats of Location, Location, Location" gu.com/p/483kx/stw #HousePriceBubble 13 hours ago
- @Gilesyb Didn't you write something once showing that only 10% of increase in debt due to borrowing for public services spending? 15 hours ago
- RT @Gilesyb: Two of the sillier premises of the election squabble: 1. Without Labour profligacy, no crash 2. Without Tory meanness, no aust… 15 hours ago
- RT @BuzzFeedUK: The 17-year-old leader of The Milifandom, is angry that The Sun tracked down her family buzzfeed.com/hannahjewell/t… http://t.co/… 21 hours ago
- @HR_Cass Thanks Cassie 21 hours ago
- RT @leonoramerry: The excellent @FullFact have factchecked the manifestos, incl some commentary by @NuffieldTrust. A BH must read: https://… 21 hours ago
- @deborah_rees Thanks Deborah @MJCarty 21 hours ago
- The Tories and welfare: Machiavellian or just muddling through?
- Recovery: Was that it?
- Low productivity: don’t blame the workforce
- Startups and the productivity puzzle
- David Nicholson is right: The NHS will need more money
- Flip Chart Cat
- Buccaneering Britain
- NHS: The elephant in the public spending room
- Don’t panic, Britain is not becoming ungovernable
- The decline in training: Are migrants giving employers a free ride?
- This recovery is still weak
- The deficit: It’s a productivity thing
Monthly Archives: October 2007
Many years ago, at the tail end of the Thatcher era, I did a CIPD qualification. On the syllabus was Harry Braverman’s Labor and Monopoly Capital. It was considered, at the time, to be the seminal Marxist work on the labour process and the … Continue reading
I’m often impressed by the ability of women to run for trains and buses while wearing high heels. This, however, is just plain bloody stupid.
There is a blogger tradition that Friday is Official Cat Blogging Day. That’s why I have posted this video which, if you’ve ever lived with a cat, will make you laugh. Our cat even sleeps in the same spot on the … Continue reading
Associated Newspapers, owners of the Daily Mail and Evening Standard, have threatened recruitment blogger Peter Gold with legal action. It appears that Peter dissed The Appointment, their retail recruitment magazine, and so Associated have sent the boys round. Well, they’ve written Peter … Continue reading
This is an odd thing to hear from a Tory shadow minister. Theresa May has said that employers who are found guilty of pay discrimination should be forced to conduct an equal pay audit. For those unfamiliar with this process, it … Continue reading
Oh dear! The Corporate Whore is trying to pull one of the HR people at his firm. He’s planning to make his move at a pre-Christmas drinking bout. I just know it will end in tears. Possibly even P45s. These things always do.