- RT @Byline_Media: Boris Johnson and the Politics of Perfidy – Byline Times bylinetimes.com/2020/09/15/bor… 1 hour ago
- Gets much colder from Wednesday. 9 hours ago
- Autumn #equinox is at 14.30 on Tuesday, UK time. 9 hours ago
- RT @nw_nicholas: I have been ridiculed, insulted, called a conspiracy theorist, barred from any employment, investigated for fraud myself,… 9 hours ago
- RT @paullewismoney: Leaked papers reveal HSBC allowed fraudsters to transfer millions of dollars around the world even after it had learned… 9 hours ago
- RT @BBCWorld: Banking’s dirty secrets have been revealed in a leak of documents which show London is at the heart of global money launderin… 9 hours ago
- @EoinMcFadden I’m a fan. Not as funny as Rentaghost but still entertaining. 15 hours ago
- Oh good. Rentaghost for grownups is back. bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08… 15 hours ago
- @KieranJGarland That was my feeling as I read it. Gives you the creeps. 15 hours ago
- Okaaaay... so that’s Tory councillors. Wonder what she thinks of the rest of us. https://t.co/0OXf4i4ZoL 15 hours ago
- Well that’s a new take on it. https://t.co/OdqMk8ta91 15 hours ago
- What? https://t.co/R5qK43cvqh 15 hours ago
- The end of the furlough and the new social divide
- Britain’s reputation trashed for the sake of a three word slogan
- Why Conservatives love the culture war
- This recession could be long and deep
- Don’t make the self-employed the punchbag of the next recession
- The Hoaxer
- Whatever happened to The Debt?
- Johnson’s Suez
- Brexit is the road to nowhere, whoever is driving the car
- The privatisation of capitalism
- 12 reasons why Labour should oppose Brexit
- Brexit: Where do we go from here?
Alex SL on Britain’s reputation trashed f… Dipper on Britain’s reputation trashed f… Alex SL on Britain’s reputation trashed f… Jim on The end of the furlough and th… A6er on The end of the furlough and th… The end of the furlo… on The end of the furlough and th… Dipper on Britain’s reputation trashed f… gunnerbear on Britain’s reputation trashed f… gunnerbear on Britain’s reputation trashed f… gunnerbear on Britain’s reputation trashed f… gunnerbear on Britain’s reputation trashed f… gunnerbear on Britain’s reputation trashed f…
Monthly Archives: October 2007
Many years ago, at the tail end of the Thatcher era, I did a CIPD qualification. On the syllabus was Harry Braverman’s Labor and Monopoly Capital. It was considered, at the time, to be the seminal Marxist work on the labour process and the … Continue reading
I’m often impressed by the ability of women to run for trains and buses while wearing high heels. This, however, is just plain bloody stupid.
There is a blogger tradition that Friday is Official Cat Blogging Day. That’s why I have posted this video which, if you’ve ever lived with a cat, will make you laugh. Our cat even sleeps in the same spot on the … Continue reading
Associated Newspapers, owners of the Daily Mail and Evening Standard, have threatened recruitment blogger Peter Gold with legal action. It appears that Peter dissed The Appointment, their retail recruitment magazine, and so Associated have sent the boys round. Well, they’ve written Peter … Continue reading
This is an odd thing to hear from a Tory shadow minister. Theresa May has said that employers who are found guilty of pay discrimination should be forced to conduct an equal pay audit. For those unfamiliar with this process, it … Continue reading
Oh dear! The Corporate Whore is trying to pull one of the HR people at his firm. He’s planning to make his move at a pre-Christmas drinking bout. I just know it will end in tears. Possibly even P45s. These things always do.
Here’s an update on that story from Norway. Karita Bekkemellem, the minister who threatened to close firms down for not complying with the gender quota, has been sacked. Whether her successor will continue with the policy to be seen. As soon as … Continue reading
If you are thinking of saving on your wage bill by employing stupid, gullible people, think again. It could end up costing you several million. HR Wench has a handy quiz to help you screen such people out of your organisation.
We don’t do embarrassing-bosses-at-conferences anywhere near as well as they do them in the USA. This looks rather endearing when compared to real toe-curling stuff like this: …..or this. If anyone else knows of any company-song, away-day humiliation, or bosses-who-should-know-better videos, point me to them. … Continue reading