- Are SMEs making the most of workers' skills? shar.es/1WMogs #QTWTAIN #UKCES 1 hour ago
- At last, the idea of moving the government out of London is getting some traction. My take here: flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/tim… 3 hours ago
- RT @prospect_uk: If parliament has to move, where should it go? Vote now! (#York in the lead at the moment) prospectmagazine.co.uk/blogs/prospect… 4 hours ago
- RT @AcademyOfRock: @flipchartrick Re-Released - Punk Rock HR with Cultured Llama @culturedllama - culturedllama.co.uk/books/punk-roc… 4 hours ago
- @MJCarty Belated happy birthday Michael. Did you have a good-un? 4 hours ago
- @SimonHeath1 On nooo! @MJCarty @smartco 4 hours ago
- @sundayhandbag It's not just Dave. This is a strategy used by chaps of a certain age in many large firms. 4 hours ago
- RT @sundayhandbag: Cameron's debating skills: 1) Get red faced; 2) shout a lot; 3) blame everyone else for everthing; 4) sit down looking s… 4 hours ago
- RT @guardian: Bring on the haters: the show that’s getting laughs out of Islamophobia trib.al/w6BbCDB 4 hours ago
- RT @afneil: Today's Scotsman: THE Scottish group of Labour MPs has demanded that Ed Miliband rules out any deal with the SNP after the gene… 4 hours ago
- @Frances_Coppola Is that because people are leaving the country? 4 hours ago
- RT @businessinsider: 5 financial crisis-era charts that haunt Wall Street's nightmares buff.ly/1B7DhEg http://t.co/K7vQNcg35f 4 hours ago
- Blog celebration update
- The rise and fall of the rich pensioner
- Why are the older generations richer?
- The lucky half-century
- Strikes: monsters that are almost extinct
- Global ageing: From pyramid to beehive in 100 years
- The fall of the skilled worker
- Blog celebration
- NHS on course to run out of money by 2020
- UK self-employment: success story or basket case?
- 12 billion flying pigs
- The future of work: Tech Yeah! vs Tech Meh!
Monthly Archives: October 2007
Many years ago, at the tail end of the Thatcher era, I did a CIPD qualification. On the syllabus was Harry Braverman’s Labor and Monopoly Capital. It was considered, at the time, to be the seminal Marxist work on the labour process and the … Continue reading
I’m often impressed by the ability of women to run for trains and buses while wearing high heels. This, however, is just plain bloody stupid.
There is a blogger tradition that Friday is Official Cat Blogging Day. That’s why I have posted this video which, if you’ve ever lived with a cat, will make you laugh. Our cat even sleeps in the same spot on the … Continue reading
Associated Newspapers, owners of the Daily Mail and Evening Standard, have threatened recruitment blogger Peter Gold with legal action. It appears that Peter dissed The Appointment, their retail recruitment magazine, and so Associated have sent the boys round. Well, they’ve written Peter … Continue reading
This is an odd thing to hear from a Tory shadow minister. Theresa May has said that employers who are found guilty of pay discrimination should be forced to conduct an equal pay audit. For those unfamiliar with this process, it … Continue reading
Oh dear! The Corporate Whore is trying to pull one of the HR people at his firm. He’s planning to make his move at a pre-Christmas drinking bout. I just know it will end in tears. Possibly even P45s. These things always do.