- Interesting piece from 1997 on another electoral catastrophe. lrb.co.uk/v19/n13/ross-m… 16 hours ago
- RT @dropthedebt: Greece’s misery shows we need bankruptcy for countries - @heatherstewart3 on the gaping hole in post-Crash reforms http://… 16 hours ago
- RT @CJFDillow: Blogged: some Blairites seem to be under-estimating Blair's actual achievements: bit.ly/1EnrH68 17 hours ago
- RT @CJFDillow: Blogged: some anti-business policies are good for the economy: bit.ly/1ei69TO 17 hours ago
- RT @CJFDillow: Immigration to the UK has boosted exports, especially of services: bit.ly/1ccHSN4 17 hours ago
- RT @johnvanreenen: Dear Business Secretary: There is no productivity growth left @IPPR huff.to/1bTTtAB @HuffPostUK 17 hours ago
- The David Mellor quote at the end of this @politicshome piece on Brexit is priceless. polho.me/1KeuhAO 18 hours ago
- @NPickavance Will try and get a post out next week 21 hours ago
- One of the best things I've read on why Labour lost. gu.com/p/496pd/swa By @RajeshAgrawalUK 22 hours ago
- @NPickavance Fascinating piece. On a similar theme, did you see this? immersive.sh/resolutionfoun… 22 hours ago
- RT @AtheneDonald: What happens to head girls? Guardian bit.ly/1cUmY68 Do they go on to be the female leaders they looked set to b… 23 hours ago
- RT @DanRebellato: Why does Labour always behave as if it's been ENTIRELY REJECTED when it loses an election? You got 9.3m votes. The Tories… 23 hours ago
- A 1995 immigration target for a 2015 economy
- How different is Scotland?
- Labour lost the economic argument 5 years ago
- The deficit: much tougher than it looked
- Are the Conservatives ideologically driven state-shrinkers?
- The Tories and welfare: Machiavellian or just muddling through?
- Recovery: Was that it?
- Low productivity: don’t blame the workforce
- Startups and the productivity puzzle
- David Nicholson is right: The NHS will need more money
- Flip Chart Cat
- Buccaneering Britain
Monthly Archives: July 2008
Apologies for the lack of posts here. People keep asking me to do stuff. So much for the long dossy summer I was planning. Anyway, I should draw your attention to the HR Carnival over at the HR Capitalist’s blog. For those … Continue reading
Blimey, is it that time of year again already? That’s come round quickly. Where have the last twelve months gone, eh? Update: This is funny. Well, it made me laugh anyway.
Ha ha! Another one of these. This time in the police force, of all places. Told ya, told ya! OK, I know it’s childish to jump up and down and say ‘I told you so’ but, remember folks, you read … Continue reading
Here’s another of those says-it-in-a-nutshell tags to go alongside Toxic Talent, Lemon Dropping and Marmite Employees. The Velvet Rut is a term I heard last week from my old mate Steve Preston who, being a career coach, meets quite a lot … Continue reading
This gave me a wee smile. James G, who blogs at Whatsthatsmell, is presumably doing a management qualification: There is so much to say but so much to do. One of the main issues for my non-blogging is that I have … Continue reading
I nicked this from Donal Blaney’s blog. A sales rep, an administration clerk, and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out. The Genie says, ‘I’ll give … Continue reading