- @StrongerInNos @billwells_1 @PaulBivandCESI @djmgaffneyw4 Alas #CambridgeBeerFestival prevents me from commenting further. 3 hours ago
- RT @adamcorlett: Cutting £13bn from unprotected departments seems 'challenging' (and then some if exc defence) http://t.co/sWX8kBkg8L @Flip… 4 hours ago
- RT @adrianshort: Eric Pickles has been awarded a knighthood for services to hierarchy and tradition. 5 hours ago
- @StrongerInNos Well that's where I was going with this. @PaulBivandCESI @djmgaffneyw4 @billwells_1 5 hours ago
- @Frances_Coppola Why thank you! @izakaminska @azizonomics @tomashirstecon @DavidKeo @tomstreithorst @CJFDillow @edwardnh @M_C_Klein 6 hours ago
- RT @HRBullets: Bosses behaving badly can cost companies up to £144m cityam.com/216313/bosses-… via @CityAM 7 hours ago
- @JamesDelingpole Being on one of London's slow streets is pretty bad too. homesandproperty.co.uk/property-news/… 7 hours ago
- RT @kirstyjmcneill: Britain resigns as a world power washingtonpost.com/opinions/brita…. This is not inevitable, just proof choices have consequences. … 7 hours ago
- RT @npi_research: From yesterday: our report for @CitizensAdvice on the state of the private rented sector in England npi.org.uk/publications/h… 7 hours ago
- @djmgaffneyw4 Intrigued that UK wage Gini is highest in EU but that for household incomes not. Wondered how much due to tax & transfers 8 hours ago
- @djmgaffneyw4 Ah, OK. Need to read up on this. My knowledge of EU welfare systems is rudimentary, to say the least. 8 hours ago
- A few thoughts on yesterday's record busting immigration figures. wp.me/p3uYA-2mt http://t.co/emebwgEI7k 8 hours ago
- A 1995 immigration target for a 2015 economy
- How different is Scotland?
- Labour lost the economic argument 5 years ago
- The deficit: much tougher than it looked
- Are the Conservatives ideologically driven state-shrinkers?
- The Tories and welfare: Machiavellian or just muddling through?
- Recovery: Was that it?
- Low productivity: don’t blame the workforce
- Startups and the productivity puzzle
- David Nicholson is right: The NHS will need more money
- Flip Chart Cat
- Buccaneering Britain
Monthly Archives: September 2011
What is the purpose of newspaper columnists? Simple, says Chris Dillow, they exist to reinforce the views of their readers. Bloggers spend hours pulling apart their articles and refuting their arguments but there is really no point. Criticizing a newspaper … Continue reading