- RT @ebrdcharles: Little known fact about Hot Chocolate's,Errol Brown,who died yesterday :He was once a civil servant in UK Treasury.Met him… 40 minutes ago
- The economy hasn't given either side a smoking gun. Hasn't vindicated the govt but no catastrophe to give Labour a boost. 48 minutes ago
- @SimonHeath1 Well it would certainly disrupt things: bbc.co.uk/news/business-… 51 minutes ago
- RT @MFordFuture: A Chinese company is replacing 90 percent of its workers with #robots @danielas_bot @thisisfusion fusion.net/story/130549/a… #… 1 hour ago
- RT @sunny_hundal: My piece: Why PEN were right to award Charlie Hebdo: the issue here isn't racism but blasphemy qz.com/398755/charlie… htt… 8 hours ago
- RT @EiDAWARDS: Congratulations @sarahjchurchman from @PwC_UK, Shortlisted Nominee for The Head of Diversity & Inclusion #EiDA 2015!! http:/… 8 hours ago
- RT @stianwestlake: Forget the election for a moment and read this great @haskelecon paper decomposing the UK productivity puzzle. http://t.… 8 hours ago
- @monaghanpj @MervynDinnen Cambridge Massachusetts 10 hours ago
- RT @denmarkinuk: 1864 will soon be broadcast on BBC4! @BBC hopes it can echo success of Borgen & The Killing. We hope so too! http://t.co/3… 10 hours ago
- @MervynDinnen Of course not. 10 hours ago
- RT @DickWinchester: @FlipChartRick @nfergus And this.. http://t.co/AD4GNnDbqw 10 hours ago
- Now @nfergus, about those pay rises you said we'd had. #c4news http://t.co/5MLS8S56zn 11 hours ago
- Are the Conservatives ideologically driven state-shrinkers?
- The Tories and welfare: Machiavellian or just muddling through?
- Recovery: Was that it?
- Low productivity: don’t blame the workforce
- Startups and the productivity puzzle
- David Nicholson is right: The NHS will need more money
- Flip Chart Cat
- Buccaneering Britain
- NHS: The elephant in the public spending room
- Don’t panic, Britain is not becoming ungovernable
- The decline in training: Are migrants giving employers a free ride?
- This recovery is still weak
Truth to Power on Are the Conservatives ideologi… Truth to Power on Are the Conservatives ideologi… Truth to Power on Are the Conservatives ideologi… AJ Thomas on Are the Conservatives ideologi… John on Are the Conservatives ideologi… Truth to Power on Are the Conservatives ideologi… Truth to Power on Are the Conservatives ideologi… John on Are the Conservatives ideologi… Dave Timoney on Are the Conservatives ideologi… Truth to Power on Are the Conservatives ideologi… metatone on Are the Conservatives ideologi… Truth to Power on Are the Conservatives ideologi…
Monthly Archives: October 2008
Is it just me, or has the whole row about Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross got completely out of hand? OK, what they did was crass and in poor taste but should the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition be … Continue reading
Newsnight’s economics editor Paul Mason is presenting a programme called Credit Crash Britain on BBC2 this evening. As part of his investigation, he discovered an internal document from HBOS, written in 2004, which shows: – the bank knew there was a … Continue reading
A quick shout for Stonecast, a blog that linked to Flip Chart Fairy Tales recently. Stone Caster’s off-beat take on the world of work makes an interesting contrast to the considered, sober analysis you get here. Ahem! Moving swiftly on. There … Continue reading
It’s not often that you read the funniest story of the day on the front page of the FT. Forget Brand and Ross; this is much better. There the hedge fund managers were, happily short-selling Volkswagen shares when, suddenly, Porsche announced that … Continue reading
The stories about Peter Mandelson, George Osborne and David Cameron jetting off to meet bankers, media tycoons and Russian oligarchs on their yachts got me thinking. You can tell a lot about power and hierarchy in an organisation by who goes to see … Continue reading
Every October, several hundred lunatics celebrate the anniversary of the Norman Conquest by re-enacting the Battle of Hastings. I’m told that it’s a great show. The people who do it train hard and put on a convincing display of medieval warfare. I keep promising … Continue reading