- @djmgaffneyw4 @StrongerInNos Or am I just being cynical? 1 hour ago
- @djmgaffneyw4 @StrongerInNos So make a big fuss about negotiating something you could have done anyway, then claim victory over EU regs? 1 hour ago
- Interesting piece from 1997 on another electoral catastrophe. lrb.co.uk/v19/n13/ross-m… 20 hours ago
- RT @dropthedebt: Greece’s misery shows we need bankruptcy for countries - @heatherstewart3 on the gaping hole in post-Crash reforms http://… 20 hours ago
- RT @CJFDillow: Blogged: some Blairites seem to be under-estimating Blair's actual achievements: bit.ly/1EnrH68 21 hours ago
- RT @CJFDillow: Blogged: some anti-business policies are good for the economy: bit.ly/1ei69TO 21 hours ago
- RT @CJFDillow: Immigration to the UK has boosted exports, especially of services: bit.ly/1ccHSN4 21 hours ago
- RT @johnvanreenen: Dear Business Secretary: There is no productivity growth left @IPPR huff.to/1bTTtAB @HuffPostUK 21 hours ago
- The David Mellor quote at the end of this @politicshome piece on Brexit is priceless. polho.me/1KeuhAO 22 hours ago
- @NPickavance Will try and get a post out next week 1 day ago
- One of the best things I've read on why Labour lost. gu.com/p/496pd/swa By @RajeshAgrawalUK 1 day ago
- @NPickavance Fascinating piece. On a similar theme, did you see this? immersive.sh/resolutionfoun… 1 day ago
- A 1995 immigration target for a 2015 economy
- How different is Scotland?
- Labour lost the economic argument 5 years ago
- The deficit: much tougher than it looked
- Are the Conservatives ideologically driven state-shrinkers?
- The Tories and welfare: Machiavellian or just muddling through?
- Recovery: Was that it?
- Low productivity: don’t blame the workforce
- Startups and the productivity puzzle
- David Nicholson is right: The NHS will need more money
- Flip Chart Cat
- Buccaneering Britain
Category Archives: Red Tape
Something funny happened this weekend. Lots of right-ish Tories, some of them self-professed libertarians, started saying they wanted Britain to be more like Switzerland. David Cameron’s veto means that Britain can be more like Switzerland, cheered Tory MP Mark Reckless. … Continue reading