- RT @MattWhittakerRF: @djmgaffneyw4 @BenChu_ Even before regional costs, Ldn second to SE when account for h/hold size & switch to median ht… 1 hour ago
- @jzuccollo @BenChu_ I meant to look at this a while back. 1st chart implies most of Labour pre-recession deficit was capital spend. 1 hour ago
- @StrongerInNos Thanks Michael. @djmgaffneyw4 @TheIFS 1 hour ago
- RT @GaryLineker: There can't be a more corrupt, deplorable organisation on earth than FIFA. The house of cards is falling. Time for change! 1 hour ago
- RT @UberSerf: Is Blatter's FIFA a symptom of a new, more corrupt world order? Excellent but depressing @FT piece: on.ft.com/1PNAydk 1 hour ago
- Regional income disparity since 1997. Good job Northern Powerhouse will sort it out, eh? http://t.co/x65Ay90psq 3 hours ago
- RT @resfoundation: Comparing the living standards squeeze: London had biggest employment income fall, offset by profits and house prices ht… 3 hours ago
- @StrongerInNos Missed that. Where was it? @djmgaffneyw4 @TheIFS 3 hours ago
- RT @janemerrick23: I can't believe they made her say "Northern Powerhouse" #QueensSpeech 4 hours ago
- RT @jessbrammar: Can someone please make a banging club classic out of a loop of the Queen saying "Northern Powerhouse"? 4 hours ago
- RT @EdConwaySky: When we talk abt London versus the rest, we should really be talking abt west central London vs the rest. @ONS figs: http:… 6 hours ago
- @VeryBritishDude This is about as close as I've come. flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com/2015/04/02/thi… 6 hours ago
- Inequality in the UK
- A 1995 immigration target for a 2015 economy
- How different is Scotland?
- Labour lost the economic argument 5 years ago
- The deficit: much tougher than it looked
- Are the Conservatives ideologically driven state-shrinkers?
- The Tories and welfare: Machiavellian or just muddling through?
- Recovery: Was that it?
- Low productivity: don’t blame the workforce
- Startups and the productivity puzzle
- David Nicholson is right: The NHS will need more money
- Flip Chart Cat
Category Archives: Public Finances
The CBI and IPPR published a report on the future of public services last week. It warned: Britain faces a longer-term fiscal challenge. The Office for Budget Responsibility has estimated that by 2030 Britain will once again move into deficit … Continue reading
A remarkable piece over at A Fistful of Euros puts the Eurozone crisis and, by implication, our own economic woes, into the context of a generalised crisis facing all developed economies. Three things have caused this, says Edward Hugh, high levels … Continue reading
Peter Hoskin and Éoin Clarke were knocking lumps out of each other last week about whether debt and debt repayments were worse under John Major than they are now. At least they were knocking lumps out of each other with numbers and bar … Continue reading