- A new fan for @TrashCanRadio twitter.com/MJCarty/status… 34 minutes ago
- @EllisonAmy @MervynDinnen I support one that hasn't won it since 1959. 35 minutes ago
- Tourist interviewed on #r4today said refugee-filled Kos was like "walking through Nottingham". 37 minutes ago
- @EllisonAmy @MervynDinnen Anyone who isn't an Arsenal supporter backs the underdog. It's a British thing. 40 minutes ago
- @MJCarty Exactly! That's what I mean. 42 minutes ago
- @MJCarty I didn't know that. You jet setter! @WhisperOfWicked 46 minutes ago
- @EllisonAmy @MervynDinnen I'm not. 48 minutes ago
- @EllisonAmy @MervynDinnen The FA Cup was the last bastion of traditional football. Moving the time is sacrilege. 50 minutes ago
- RT @patrickjbutler: Benefit cap: as homelessness rises, social landlords warn they may no longer be able to afford to house the poor http:/… 56 minutes ago
- @MJCarty Thanks Michael. You might be able to pick it up in Sussex. I think you'd like it. 58 minutes ago
- @MervynDinnen @FT @TheTrashcans Probably. 1 hour ago
- @MervynDinnen Are you going this afternoon? 1 hour ago
- Trash Can Radio
- What will your powerhouse do for you?
- Inequality in the UK
- A 1995 immigration target for a 2015 economy
- How different is Scotland?
- Labour lost the economic argument 5 years ago
- The deficit: much tougher than it looked
- Are the Conservatives ideologically driven state-shrinkers?
- The Tories and welfare: Machiavellian or just muddling through?
- Recovery: Was that it?
- Low productivity: don’t blame the workforce
- Startups and the productivity puzzle
Monthly Archives: November 2007
Someone else has noticed that Conservative MP John Redwood wants to repeal the Data Protection Act. The Tories will keep quiet about that in the light of recent events. I’m surprised no-one in the Labour Party has thought to throw this piece of mud across … Continue reading
“If people had stuck to the procedures, this would never have happened.” How many times have you heard a senior manager say that? This was, more or less, what Alistair Darling said in his statement to the House of Commons yesterday, … Continue reading
I’ve just come across this guide to office politics on Australian blog “All men are lairs”. Here are a few extracts: Rule 1: There is ALWAYS office politics. There is nothing more naive than a perky friend starting a fresh gig … Continue reading
My post about Gordon Brown’s proposed core values statement inspired Jesse Walker of Reason Online to re-write John of Gaunt’s speech from Richard II in corporate speak: This Proactive Plot, This Synergistic Earth, This High-Impact Realm, This England. You may … Continue reading
Here’s another one of those I-wish-I’d-said-that quotes: There is a dogshit attached to the shoe of NLP….. Hat Tip – Guru
Yesterday on Radio 4 I heard someone say that Gordon Brown wants Britain to have a national motto and a statement of core values. With a sinking heart, I did a quick search and discovered that the government has quietly … Continue reading