- @ArgieBeeUK @StrongerInNos Found the report (I think) but I'll wait until I'm at my desk to read it. oecd.org/migration/indi… 5 hours ago
- @StrongerInNos Someone just sent me this: telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/im… Haven't seen the report. Have you? 5 hours ago
- @AdamMemonCPS Thanks Adam 5 hours ago
- How inequality changed over 2 decades. Via IMF: imf.org/external/pubs/… http://t.co/DSzU9TPFfd 6 hours ago
- Top 1% income shares. S African figure interesting. That Marxist ANC government eh? Via IMF: imf.org/external/pubs/… http://t.co/9oamQBU4bP 6 hours ago
- Banks, businesses or the bust? Deeper into the UK productivity puzzle | FT Alphaville on.ft.com/1dhZh7U 7 hours ago
- @stianwestlake @CraigA_Ryan Where to start... 9 hours ago
- RT @TheIFS: Health has accounted for an increasingly large part of public spending #IFSFriFig http://t.co/QJ1Y3LslX0 9 hours ago
- RT @TheIFS: #IFSFriFig: How alcohol is taxed http://t.co/zFOo1qfoID 9 hours ago
- RT @alicharlo: Thirty Pictures of London's West-End in the Heatwave of '76. - go.shr.lc/1IQBzIz via @davidwearing 9 hours ago
- RT @CraigA_Ryan: I have a less irrational bias against following anyone who claims to be a "guru" (of any kind) in their #Twitter profile. 9 hours ago
- Weekend reading: @cipd report on productivity. ow.ly/P5hGA http://t.co/phoNWbAS1A 9 hours ago
- Productivity stuck on auto-creep
- There’s a bit about Fastow’s hero-to-zero story I still don’t get
- The rise or fall of management
- Cutting in-work benefits: right-wingers think it’s a bad idea too
- Work-shy dole scroungers – so last century
- How big a problem is the UK’s public debt?
- Is a £12bn welfare cut achievable? Only with a big pay rise!
- Trash Can Radio
- What will your powerhouse do for you?
- Inequality in the UK
- A 1995 immigration target for a 2015 economy
- How different is Scotland?
Quaestorix on Productivity stuck on aut… Phil on There’s a bit about Fast… Kamo on Productivity stuck on aut… ThinkPurpose on Productivity stuck on aut… flowchainsensei on Productivity stuck on aut… sdbast on Productivity stuck on aut… Kamo on The rise or fall of manag… Tobin Pigou on There’s a bit about Fast… alittleecon on There’s a bit about Fast… P Hearn on There’s a bit about Fast… Graeme Pietersz on There’s a bit about Fast… Sophia on There’s a bit about Fast…
Monthly Archives: August 2007
If you want to read a really funny blog, you should visit Harry Hutton’s “Chase me, ladies, I’m in the cavalry“. Here’s what he thinks about training: Have to go to another of their stinking training days in a minute. … Continue reading
Here’s another of those random thoughts I had during a meeting yesterday. Organisations spend much more time, energy and cash on talking about what they are going to do, and then making the plans look good, than they do actually making it happen. … Continue reading
Who are the kings and pawns in your office? Hat Tip: The Corporate Whore
There was a piece on Radio 4’s Today programme yesterday on the lack of good novels about the business world. It was the last item and the BBC can’t be bothered to stick the recording on their website so I … Continue reading
The Chartered institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is gearing up for its annual conference. In this suitably gung-ho statement it says: It’s no longer enough for HR to facilitate what organisations do. Great HR should drive what organisations can achieve … Continue reading
Here’s a strange story from the USA. It seems that accountancy and management consultancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers tried to scrimp on its diversity provisions. Employers in the USA are being encouraged to provide ‘lactating rooms’ where women can go during the … Continue reading