- Good @WSJ piece on EU migrants and in-work benefits with quotes from @djmgaffneyw4 @jdportes & @StrongerInNos google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j… 51 minutes ago
- "Don't worry, the economy's growing." "Yeah but my pocket money isn't" ow.ly/NAUcR https:// http://t.co/xRDtApiuG7 1 hour ago
- RT @CambridgEcon101: @FlipChartRick @MattWhittakerRF Speaking of 'the puzzle' this is interesting bbc.co.uk/news/business-… 10k lw paid worker… 1 hour ago
- @sebschmoller Of course! @JohnRentoul @BenChu_ 1 hour ago
- @sebschmoller Similar from EU-wide perspective. @JohnRentoul @BenChu_ http://t.co/GAO5sw2owY 1 hour ago
- @sebschmoller What are the dark bits? @JohnRentoul @BenChu_ 1 hour ago
- @peterjukes @JohnRentoul @IndyVoices This one does. It's @BenChu_'s chart but I'm pretty sure this is the Gini after taxes and transfers 4 hours ago
- RT @Gilesyb: Do not blame regulation for UK performance - ft.com/cms/s/0/4d4f65… A letter that pwns there IOD line @AllieRenison http://t.c… 5 hours ago
- RT @FT: Sepp Blatter is a genius because he realised Westerners don’t matter any more - @KuperSimon on.ft.com/1c9UkgF http://t.co/CNyv… 5 hours ago
- RT @KuperSimon: If you missed it: me for @FT on why Blatter may well survive, but possibly won't get the Nobel peace prize he craves http:/… 5 hours ago
- RT @nytimes: The FIFA scandal has not changed the strange electoral math of the organization nyti.ms/1eBjzdN 5 hours ago
- RT @robholdsworth: 10 year pocket money pay squeeze. Be warned kids, it'll get worse before the squeeze eases (cc @FlipChartRick) http://t.… 7 hours ago
- What will your powerhouse do for you?
- Inequality in the UK
- A 1995 immigration target for a 2015 economy
- How different is Scotland?
- Labour lost the economic argument 5 years ago
- The deficit: much tougher than it looked
- Are the Conservatives ideologically driven state-shrinkers?
- The Tories and welfare: Machiavellian or just muddling through?
- Recovery: Was that it?
- Low productivity: don’t blame the workforce
- Startups and the productivity puzzle
- David Nicholson is right: The NHS will need more money
Monthly Archives: December 2007
In October I wrote about religious disputes in the workplace arising as faith groups claimed rights that would ultimately come into conflict. This story from the Manchester Evening News is a good example. A HOSPITAL porter quizzed by police after a row over a crucifix being covered in … Continue reading
Remember that story about the Norwegian government imposing a gender quota on publicly listed companies? Well it seems many companies have decided, at the eleventh hour, that the government might just be serious. The Wall Street Journal reports: As the law’s deadline nears, the scramble for … Continue reading
Now this could get interesting.