- @peterjukes @JohnRentoul @IndyVoices This one does. It's @BenChu_'s chart but I'm pretty sure this is the Gini after taxes and transfers 2 hours ago
- RT @Gilesyb: Do not blame regulation for UK performance - ft.com/cms/s/0/4d4f65… A letter that pwns there IOD line @AllieRenison http://t.c… 3 hours ago
- RT @FT: Sepp Blatter is a genius because he realised Westerners don’t matter any more - @KuperSimon on.ft.com/1c9UkgF http://t.co/CNyv… 3 hours ago
- RT @KuperSimon: If you missed it: me for @FT on why Blatter may well survive, but possibly won't get the Nobel peace prize he craves http:/… 3 hours ago
- RT @nytimes: The FIFA scandal has not changed the strange electoral math of the organization nyti.ms/1eBjzdN 3 hours ago
- RT @robholdsworth: 10 year pocket money pay squeeze. Be warned kids, it'll get worse before the squeeze eases (cc @FlipChartRick) http://t.… 5 hours ago
- RT @robholdsworth: @FlipChartRick I'll ask @MattWhittakerRF and @adamcorlett to add an 8-15year old band to our real pay modelling! 5 hours ago
- US to investigate banks' role in #FIFA corruption case reut.rs/1HMRqN6 6 hours ago
- The pocket money pay squeeze bbc.com/news/business-… 6 hours ago
- ICYMI: What will your powerhouse do for you? wp.me/p3uYA-2mm 14 hours ago
- @johnhalton Yes. flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/tim… 14 hours ago
- RT @MalThursday: Tomorrow night, it's The @MalThursday Show #AnthonyNewley special w/ @GarthBardsley trashcanradio.com/trash-can-radi… #London http://… 14 hours ago
- What will your powerhouse do for you?
- Inequality in the UK
- A 1995 immigration target for a 2015 economy
- How different is Scotland?
- Labour lost the economic argument 5 years ago
- The deficit: much tougher than it looked
- Are the Conservatives ideologically driven state-shrinkers?
- The Tories and welfare: Machiavellian or just muddling through?
- Recovery: Was that it?
- Low productivity: don’t blame the workforce
- Startups and the productivity puzzle
- David Nicholson is right: The NHS will need more money
Monthly Archives: May 2007
Here is the Milton Friedman Choir telling us that companies have no social duty. So much for corporate social responsibility, eh?
I’m never sure how much of The Apprentice is contrived. It’s probably not scripted but I doubt whether it is as spontaneous as it seems when the programme is shown. When the candidates arrive for the final dressing down from Alan Sugar, not knowing who … Continue reading
If you’ve got a Smartphone or pocket PC, here’s a piece of advice. Don’t play Bubble Breaker. It’s addictive. The firm that makes it has a warning on its website telling you not to play it if you have deadlines to meet. When … Continue reading
Recruitment firms sometimes massage the truth a bit when they write job ads. This one for a Commercial Temps Consultant says of the hiring company: ……they provide a supportive, encouraging environment, no office politics and a fun, relaxed atmosphere. Bullsheeeeit! There are always … Continue reading
Here’s a film that looks like a must for anyone interested in the twists and turns of corporate life. The Boss of It All is about the owner of an IT company who pretends that he is not really the boss … Continue reading
Yesterday evening, I went to a talk given by an employment lawyer. He can be no more certain of the future than any of us but he was prepared to speculate on the sort of cases which might come up over the next couple of … Continue reading