- RT @went1955: Burned out and overworked — occasional links & commentary — is.gd/qba8kB http://t.co/D11N6fNPwW 22 minutes ago
- RT @FT: A prison ID in one hand - and a CFO award in the other: Andrew Fastow (ex #Enron) addresses #CampAlphaville on.ft.com/1Jxxqip 29 minutes ago
- RT @jeffwren1960: @FlipChartRick and loss of many others incomes! I lost job with Arthur Andersen as result and took 13 months to get back … 1 hour ago
- @matt_leach Yep. 2 hours ago
- RT @AnjliRaval: Fastow:if everyone understands the rules and knows how to manipulate the rules, it's fair game right? #campalphaville http:… 2 hours ago
- RT @OilSheppard: Former Enron CFO Fastow: "When a lot of people do it and the rules allow it" often trumps ethics #campalphaville http://t.… 2 hours ago
- RT @AnjliRaval: Fastow: I got this trophy and my prison ID for doing the same deals #campalphaville http://t.co/JpT4j6hFr1 2 hours ago
- @matt_leach @resi_analyst Really good. Pity about the video & pic ban. 2 hours ago
- RT @izakaminska: Fastow reminds everyone that Greek panic started because of Greek off-balance sheet financing done by Goldman Sachs #campa… 2 hours ago
- @matt_leach @resi_analyst Beer at 6? 3 hours ago
- RT @humenm: A worked example of an Enron spe financing deal from former Enron CFO. #campalphaville http://t.co/64dphLZplH 3 hours ago
- RT @DanielaGabor: powerful indictment of shareholder value capitalism by #Enron CFO Fastow - we all doing it, I (unfortunately) got caught … 3 hours ago
- The rise or fall of management
- Cutting in-work benefits: right-wingers think it’s a bad idea too
- Work-shy dole scroungers – so last century
- How big a problem is the UK’s public debt?
- Is a £12bn welfare cut achievable? Only with a big pay rise!
- Trash Can Radio
- What will your powerhouse do for you?
- Inequality in the UK
- A 1995 immigration target for a 2015 economy
- How different is Scotland?
- Labour lost the economic argument 5 years ago
- The deficit: much tougher than it looked
Monthly Archives: May 2007
Here is the Milton Friedman Choir telling us that companies have no social duty. So much for corporate social responsibility, eh?
I’m never sure how much of The Apprentice is contrived. It’s probably not scripted but I doubt whether it is as spontaneous as it seems when the programme is shown. When the candidates arrive for the final dressing down from Alan Sugar, not knowing who … Continue reading
If you’ve got a Smartphone or pocket PC, here’s a piece of advice. Don’t play Bubble Breaker. It’s addictive. The firm that makes it has a warning on its website telling you not to play it if you have deadlines to meet. When … Continue reading
Recruitment firms sometimes massage the truth a bit when they write job ads. This one for a Commercial Temps Consultant says of the hiring company: ……they provide a supportive, encouraging environment, no office politics and a fun, relaxed atmosphere. Bullsheeeeit! There are always … Continue reading
Here’s a film that looks like a must for anyone interested in the twists and turns of corporate life. The Boss of It All is about the owner of an IT company who pretends that he is not really the boss … Continue reading
Yesterday evening, I went to a talk given by an employment lawyer. He can be no more certain of the future than any of us but he was prepared to speculate on the sort of cases which might come up over the next couple of … Continue reading