I haven’t had time to write anything about the blustering from bankers and their cheerleaders in response to the government’s plans to regulate City bonuses. Read Alex McGarry’s piece in the Spoof instead. It’s along the lines of what I was going to say, only much funnier.
- Interested to see opinion poll response to this. My guess is that idea of 're-nationalising' PFI will be popular. theguardian.com/politics/2017/… 30 minutes ago
- More on Brexit from @Frances_Coppola. In Ireland. irishtimes.com/business/econo… 2 hours ago
- RT @BrexitBin: Every country has circa 20% hardcore racists. The trick is to never let them dictate agendas. UK forgot that. Germany won't.… 2 hours ago
- RT @GuardianEdu: Ministers are suffering from ‘Pisa-envy’ and think the cure is for children to learn more facts. @MichaelRosenYes https:/… 2 hours ago
- RT @acgrayling: The road to reversing Brexit may have just begun at Labour’s conference fringe | Manuel Cortes theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 2 hours ago
- "Ultimately, if you treat employees badly it will come back to bite you at some point."@neilmorrison on Ryanair. change-effect.com/2017/09/25/whe… 2 hours ago
- RT @IrishTimesWorld: Barnier warns UK a transition deal must respect EU rules irishtimes.com/news/world/eur… 3 hours ago
- RT @ReutersUK: Britain would have to accept all EU rules during Brexit transition - Barnier reut.rs/2xGmaA3 https://t.co/xtHaDx2NWt 3 hours ago
- RT @GroomB: No talks on transition before progress on divorce terms, says Barnier. ft.com/content/c14205… 3 hours ago
- Did any school ban playing conkers @BBCBreakfast? There was certainly no national ban. #bbcbreakfast hse.gov.uk/myth/september… 3 hours ago
- RT @ChrisGiles_: The surprising chart in the excellent @FT German election graphic ft.com/content/e7c7d9… Again immigration drives votes… 3 hours ago
- "Britain can either have its cake, or eat it" twitter.com/fteconomics/st… 3 hours ago
- Brexit – no job for dilettantes
- Who needs low-skill migrants anyway?
- Summer is over: now Brexit gets serious
- Friction burns
- Sitcom Britain
- Minimum overtime pay: a nudge for lazy managers
- Britain’s stay-at-home youth
- Ending the pay squeeze – could the unions make a comeback?
- HBO’s Confederate: What about the half that hasn’t been told?
- The tribunal fees case and why we still need unions
- The rise and fall of the property-owning democracy
- Brexit: the visionless vacuum
Labour's unders… on Brexit – no job for… Dipper on Brexit – no job for… Gulliver Foyle on Brexit – no job for… gastro george on Brexit – no job for… Dipper on Brexit – no job for… gastro george on Brexit – no job for… Dipper on Brexit – no job for… David on Brexit – no job for… Gulliver Foyle on Brexit – no job for… gastro george on Brexit – no job for… Dipper on Brexit – no job for… Colin Caine on Brexit – no job for…