- RT @brummytaff: White Tory makes black history in debate over deaths in custody. A welcome piece! gu.com/p/3y2ak 5 hours ago
- @LeeGregoryPeck I don't have a target audience. All sorts of people read my blog. Some of them agree. Some don't. 5 hours ago
- @richardblogger @carolinejmolloy After the election when it's safe to tell us. 6 hours ago
- @LeeGregoryPeck But if you say Will is daft for saying public svs can't run on 16% of GDP, onus is on you to explain how it can. 6 hours ago
- @LeeGregoryPeck If I came across as bullying, I'm sorry. There's too much of that on here ss it is. 6 hours ago
- @LeeGregoryPeck How much will wage freeze save then? Go on, give me some numbers? 7 hours ago
- Great speech from Obama: wapo.st/JbERza Loved the dig at the dictators and tinpot tyrants. HT @ezraklein 8 hours ago
- RT @ezraklein: Read Obama’s powerful eulogy for Nelson Mandela wapo.st/JbERza 8 hours ago
- @ariadneassoc @onatrainagain @EmpManPaul Interesting comment on my blog. flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/no-… 8 hours ago
- @LeeGregoryPeck But let's go back to where we started. If we cut public service spending to 16% of GDP in next 5 years, we're stuffed! 9 hours ago
- @LeeGregoryPeck International comparisons are complex. Swiss spend little on defence for example. Gemans spend less than half what we do. 9 hours ago
- @EmpManPaul @onatrainagain @ariadneassoc I see it has now been pulled. 9 hours ago
- No-one from the north need apply!
- 1948: a dystopian tale – by George O
- What about Cornwall?
- Is there a North-South divide? And where is it?
- Business Demographics
- Big Brother, Big Sister and control-freakery
- A Comment Award for the boy who couldn’t write
- High pay, low pay and secular stagnation
- Demographic timebomb – not as timebomby if we work a bit longer
- Acid Retirement Home
- Public service cuts: Has the government gotten away with it?
- Bugles calling for them from sad shires
Category Archives: Society
Damian Thompson wrote an extraordinary piece in the Telegraph this weekend about David Cameron’s manners. [T]o put it bluntly, Dave is rude. More specifically, he exhibits the calculated rudeness of people with very nice manners. That isn’t a contradiction in terms. … Continue reading
Executive pay is in the news again as the High Pay Commission warns of its corrosive impact on the UK economy. Those who defend such high pay levels argue that international competition is driving up the going rate for senior executives … Continue reading
Another prominent Conservative has joined John Redwood in support of trade unions. Harlow MP Robert Halfon reminds his fellow Tories that many union members vote Conservative and argues that unions are just the sort of little platoons that epitomise the Big Society: Unions are the very … Continue reading