- IFS: austerity will continue during next Tory, Labour or Lib Dem parliament gu.com/p/4xmx7/tw As I keep saying: flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com/2014/07/18/aus… 29 minutes ago
- @bobfrombrockley @fleshisgrass I found myself nodding along to the Rubettes the other day. I don't know which is worse. 34 minutes ago
- IFS: austerity will continue during next Tory, Labour or Lib Dem parliament gu.com/p/4xmx7/tw via @guardian 1 hour ago
- Damn @TheIFS and @resfoundation! I'm going to have to re-do my Venn diagram again. ifs.org.uk/publications/7… resolutionfoundation.org/media/blog/in-… 1 hour ago
- @Gilesyb It's gradually shifting up isn't it? £37bn now. @resfoundation came up with same figure. 1 hour ago
- @Gilesyb Seen this? resolutionfoundation.org/media/blog/in-… 1 hour ago
- @itsdavegreen Perhaps Norm is assuming we've already repudiated ECHR by then. ;-) 1 hour ago
- @SpinningHugo So what's this? wales.gov.uk/newsroom/first… @Frances_Coppola 1 hour ago
- @SpinningHugo Is that what they are going to do in Wales? @Frances_Coppola 2 hours ago
- @Phillip_Blond Interesting. What's the size of the West Lothian problem? Are we making a fuss about something that's not a big deal? 2 hours ago
- Regional sharia law can't happen until Norm and his mates have taken us out of ECHR. bit.ly/1qV7zI3 http://t.co/E2g1OfzXbL 2 hours ago
- @SpinningHugo No you don't. You just need to give legislative power on some issues to regions. @Frances_Coppola 2 hours ago
- Pirate Day joke
- Nine thoughts on the referendum result
- Breaking up the UK – everyone’s a loser
- The brutal maths of public spending
- Who saw the crash coming?
- Are we really about to split up our country?
- The Old Rectory Syndrome
- Can UKIP scale up?
- The spirit of the age
- Why is the gender pay gap higher for management jobs?
- The self-employment earnings timebomb
- Britain’s management problem
Category Archives: Society
Damian Thompson wrote an extraordinary piece in the Telegraph this weekend about David Cameron’s manners. [T]o put it bluntly, Dave is rude. More specifically, he exhibits the calculated rudeness of people with very nice manners. That isn’t a contradiction in terms. … Continue reading
Executive pay is in the news again as the High Pay Commission warns of its corrosive impact on the UK economy. Those who defend such high pay levels argue that international competition is driving up the going rate for senior executives … Continue reading
Another prominent Conservative has joined John Redwood in support of trade unions. Harlow MP Robert Halfon reminds his fellow Tories that many union members vote Conservative and argues that unions are just the sort of little platoons that epitomise the Big Society: Unions are the very … Continue reading