- Self-employed: 14% of employed workforce, 19% of tax credit claimants. http://t.co/61judEG5lp Who'd a guessed? Via @StrongerInNos 2 hours ago
- RT @johnb78: It's not a "paradox" that coal is booming in Germany - it is a direct consequence of ignorant anti-nuclear scumbags http://t.c… 2 hours ago
- RT @LSEEuroppblog: EU economic governance is blurring the boundaries between EU competences and domestic sovereignty bit.ly/1nlKKcv 2 hours ago
- RT @Oleuanna: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ http://t.co/Gq97V9guI1 2 hours ago
- @jdportes Given the age of their readers, it's odd that they are complaining about paying tax to fund pensions. 4 hours ago
- RT @Gilesyb: The fast rise in low paid self employment is surely a sign of significant economic slack economist.com/news/finance-a… 12 hours ago
- RT @EconBizFin: What explains the surge in self-employment? econ.st/1hLXrH5 12 hours ago
- @lordbonkers Leicestershire seems to have a lot of gated roads. Haven't seen as many anywhere else. 13 hours ago
- RT @lordbonkers: Liberal England: A Leicestershire signpost bit.ly/1ld0WtW http://t.co/lhcHn8rwkt 13 hours ago
- RT @Paul0Evans1: Just did something 'unreconstructed'. Sat in the bath drinking a bottle of Mild. #win wiped out tho cos I bought the Mild … 13 hours ago
- RT @FlipChartCat: How the hell does stuff like this go on for so long? justgiving.com/The-Loft-Cats-… 13 hours ago
- @prateekbuch Thanks. I blogged on this at the time. flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/dem… @BBCMarkEaston @PaulBurstow 14 hours ago
- Comparative recovery
- The social media pillory
- More freelancers than public employees: Is that really a Good Thing?
- Waiting in vain for the rebound
- Is the state shrinking?
- The working poor and the welfare cap
- Public finances: The picture is largely unchanged
- Is wealth inequality just getting back to normal?
- Bob Crow
- What happens when the pensions run out?
- Work in 2030: Even more precarious than it is now
- The 4G workplace
Category Archives: Red Tape
Something funny happened this weekend. Lots of right-ish Tories, some of them self-professed libertarians, started saying they wanted Britain to be more like Switzerland. David Cameron’s veto means that Britain can be more like Switzerland, cheered Tory MP Mark Reckless. … Continue reading