- RT @Slate: Other companies that keep oodles of cash oversees: slate.me/11ccR54 7 hours ago
- @moorehn Because presence of guns discourages crime or because the British are more violent? 7 hours ago
- RT @moorehn: @wwol13 per capita, UK stabbings more deadly than US shootings. Ex from 2009: sob.apotheon.org/?p=1323 7 hours ago
- It's more difficult for TV drama to 'do' the 90s in the way it can 'do' the 70s and 80s. #lifeofcrime 8 hours ago
- Not "hippy cspitalists" but "robber barons in chinos" gu.com/p/3gvzp/tw 8 hours ago
- Let's get out of the depression before talking about Europe bit.ly/13DfpIJ @williamkeegan on the money as usual 8 hours ago
- RT @apostolos_kl: #UK: IMF Warns on Dangers of Help to Buy Mortgage Scheme bit.ly/Z0bdRF 10 hours ago
- RT @PSbook: NEW --> UKIP economic spokesman welcomes mass unemployment: "I hope hundreds, thousands of jobs will be lost" http://t.co/NtLab… 11 hours ago
- RT @CristinaOhq: 41 European laws discriminate against Christians | free faith freefaith.com/2013/05/22/41-… 17 hours ago
- @Pawelmorski Buy to let landlords? 17 hours ago
- RT @gdnpoliticswire: Wales could be the Silicon Valley of public services gu.com/p/3gx78/tf 21 hours ago
- RT @guy_herbert: This. #Privacy v #moralitarians & #publicchoice> health and the moral hazard of surveillance | Doctorow http://t.co/onIZMw… 21 hours ago
- Sleepwalking into tomorrow’s state
- Fixing A&E
- How to reduce your gender pay gap
- Thatcherite zeal? Or just a re-enactment?
- Who lost the 20th century?
- Lambic and geuze – a success story with a sour taste!
- Shares For Rights – Government quietly revives one of its stupidest ideas
- Did the left win the 20th century?
- Did Thatcher break the trade unions?
- Workplace rights for druids and pagans – if you supported Eweida, this is what you asked for!
- Scroungers, scumbags and soaring welfare costs
- In The Shadow Of The Sword
Category Archives: Public Finances
The CBI and IPPR published a report on the future of public services last week. It warned: Britain faces a longer-term fiscal challenge. The Office for Budget Responsibility has estimated that by 2030 Britain will once again move into deficit … Continue reading
A remarkable piece over at A Fistful of Euros puts the Eurozone crisis and, by implication, our own economic woes, into the context of a generalised crisis facing all developed economies. Three things have caused this, says Edward Hugh, high levels … Continue reading
Peter Hoskin and Éoin Clarke were knocking lumps out of each other last week about whether debt and debt repayments were worse under John Major than they are now. At least they were knocking lumps out of each other with numbers and bar … Continue reading