- @annkempster @signalbc I suspect this reflects what's happening elsewhere; those at the top are pulling away from everyone else. 29 minutes ago
- RT @signalbc: BBC News - Civil service: MPs warn of risk of 'pay exodus' bbc.in/17Xe6bl #CivilService #PublicSector #Pay #HR #Talen… 57 minutes ago
- RT @FelicityMorse: 100% rise in support for Tories amongst young people, with cutting benefits a reason for surge... Does this resonate? ht… 1 hour ago
- RT @ruskin147: The new middle class - great new multimedia series on web & BBC World masterminded by the fab @eeanrose http://t.co/UQLRjiP… 1 hour ago
- RT @DannyQuah: Excellent! RT @kingeconomist: Speaking at LSE tonight #WhenTheMoneyRunsOut. lse.ac.uk/publicEvents/e… #LSEaffluence @LSEEcon 1 hour ago
- RT @SysThinkReview: After spending hundreds of millions of £s on NHS compliance inspection CQC admit they inspected wrong things. http://t… 1 hour ago
- RT @AlisonChisnell: “@neilmorrison: I'm really excited about Inspiring the Future. Check it out inspiringthefuture.org > sounds brilliant! … 1 hour ago
- RT @TheAtlantic: The secret of viral success is that there is no secret of viral success theatln.tc/13ZfQef 1 hour ago
- RT @MagsNews: Murdoch rocked by claims mobile #phonehacking took place in US independent.co.uk/news/world/ame… < Beckham believes he was targeted.. #… 1 hour ago
- RT @seanjones11kbw: Is there such a thing as "heavy refreshments"? 1 hour ago
- RT @NatSecSoc: Witness the rise of young Turks - not necessarily #secular but #definitely democratic - bit.ly/12tzkeq #Turkey via … 2 hours ago
- @Baskers Radio Tirana was the propaganda station for Albania's old Stalinist regime. Its call sign was chilling! 2 hours ago
- From non-jobs to non-businesses
- When the roses bloom again
- Britain’s debt shows just how bad a kicking we’ve had
- ECHR throws out religious discrimination claims
- What’s happened to the gender pay gap?
- Whatever the UK’s problems are, leaving the EU won’t solve them
- Sleepwalking into tomorrow’s state
- Fixing A&E
- How to reduce your gender pay gap
- Thatcherite zeal? Or just a re-enactment?
- Who lost the 20th century?
- Lambic and geuze – a success story with a sour taste!
Monthly Archives: February 2013
If organisational culture were a person he’d be feeling utterly hacked off by now. Rarely consulted about anything that happens in the organisation, he always takes the heat when things go wrong. Culture, it seems, is to blame for the … Continue reading
There are fewer people cheering on the rise in self-employment these days. Even the Daily Mail was pretty downbeat about the most recent statistics. There’s still the odd one though. The Telegraph’s Robert Colville reckons it “might just save Britain’s … Continue reading
The Institute of Fiscal Studies released its Green Budget this week. I looks pretty grim. Two and a half years on from its 2010 spending review, the government’s assumptions about deficit reduction have proved to be way wide of the … Continue reading
The number of self-employed people has reached yet another record high. According to the BBC, the government’s work programme advisors have been helping things along by advising people to set up their own businesses. Doubtless, they would claim that they … Continue reading
Spending nearly half of January out of the country was a good idea. I not only missed most of the bad weather but I also got around to reading Why Nations Fail, as number of you suggested I should. It is, … Continue reading