- RT @FlipChartCat: NEVER try to put a cat in the bath: westerndailypress.co.uk/Cat-owner-trie… 2 hours ago
- RT @YouGov: YouGov #IndyRef prediction: YES 46%, NO 54% - y-g.co/1mjwlQz 2 hours ago
- @bill1303 @paulmasonnews You seen this? youtube.com/watch?v=uE-P_1… Unbelievable trousers. 2 hours ago
- RT @euanmccolm: i have lifelong friends on both sides of the #indyref debate. after today, it is my very dear hope that i never see any of … 2 hours ago
- RT @ebrdcharles: Whatever your views on Scottish independence,it is hard not to be proud of such an example of democracy.Possible 90% turno… 2 hours ago
- UK economic recovery? It just can't get any better, any time soon gu.com/p/4x79m/tw via @guardian 6 hours ago
- IMF warns of new threats to global economy due to excessive risk taking gu.com/p/4xk96/tw via @guardian 6 hours ago
- RT @resfoundation: 1/2 Great seminar here this am on developing an 'all worker' earnings measure inc. the self-employed. Here’s our case ht… 7 hours ago
- RT @resfoundation: "Hopes that 2014 would be ‘the year of the pay rise’ look to have been dashed" @sarahoconnor_ quotes @lauracgardiner htt… 7 hours ago
- @HazelMaciver @andywightman Damn! You've got me singing Bohemian Rhapsody now. 8 hours ago
- RT @HazelMaciver: Think this Edinburgh voter is pretty convinced: #VoteNo! #indyref http://t.co/paFFGOiIZp 8 hours ago
- @IamalrightJack That's from 2004. Is that the best you've got? 8 hours ago
- Breaking up the UK – everyone’s a loser
- The brutal maths of public spending
- Who saw the crash coming?
- Are we really about to split up our country?
- The Old Rectory Syndrome
- Can UKIP scale up?
- The spirit of the age
- Why is the gender pay gap higher for management jobs?
- The self-employment earnings timebomb
- Britain’s management problem
- Italian tragedy
- Economy in ‘wait and see’ mode
Monthly Archives: October 2012
An extraordinary piece yesterday from Jeff Randall in which he attacks an alliance of doom-mongers for talking down the country and predicting economic collapse. The Armageddon Alliance, he says, has turned attacking the government into an industry: Critics compete to paint … Continue reading
Whenever I hear the phrase ‘lack of communication’ my bullshit detector kicks in. So often, corporate failures and management problems are blamed on lack of communication. The implication is that, if we had all just talked to each other more, … Continue reading
My Twitter timeline is full of links to articles about dynamic startups, cutting-edge businesses, inspirational leadership, visionaries and hierarchy-free organisations with self-managed teams. Oh and change, of course. Lots of change. Inevitably, this means that a lot of other things … Continue reading
The folk at the Guardian Data Blog have been having some fun with the IMF’s latest World Economic Outlook Data. “Public spending will plunge,” wailed Aditya Chakrabortty, as he produced this chart to show just how far David Cameron wants to shrink … Continue reading
One advantage of being extremely busy is that, by the time I get around to blogging about stuff, everyone and his cat has already had a go. George Osborne’s shares for rights scheme is another one for the ‘so much … Continue reading