- @MJCarty 'Fraid so. Busy few days. You? 1 hour ago
- RT @jomroche: New world population projections according to recent study ow.ly/BJuIH ow.ly/i/6XlJM 1 hour ago
- Autumn #Equinox at 3.29am tomorrow, UK time. After that, the Southern Hemisphere gets most of the daylight for the next 6 months. 1 hour ago
- RT @resfoundation: RF research cited by @patrickwintour theguardian.com/politics/2014/… on implications of the parties' different fiscal rules http:… 1 hour ago
- RT @businessinsider: There's a massive income divergence between races in America. read.bi/1o0hNkv http://t.co/09YyBwOgi6 13 hours ago
- @stephenkb @Debbie_abrahams That's interesting. What's the difference in late payment times? 13 hours ago
- @Lance63 @38_degrees Why? 14 hours ago
- @SimonMcVicker At what point? @ShoesmithKate @IPSEwestminster @BenedictDel 14 hours ago
- @SimonMcVicker What myths are they nailing? @ShoesmithKate @IPSEwestminster @DuncanOleary 14 hours ago
- RT @LouieWoodall: People don't realise how labour market has changed in last 10 years. There are 1.8m independent pros fulfilling key needs… 15 hours ago
- RT @stephenkb: "The average income for a self-employed person has fallen by 22% [since 2010]," @Debbie_abrahams tells #demoswork 15 hours ago
- @ShoesmithKate @IPSEwestminster I have a wee wager on this: flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/pub… 15 hours ago
- The 2015 Dilemma (Revised Edition)
- Pirate Day joke
- Nine thoughts on the referendum result
- Breaking up the UK – everyone’s a loser
- The brutal maths of public spending
- Who saw the crash coming?
- Are we really about to split up our country?
- The Old Rectory Syndrome
- Can UKIP scale up?
- The spirit of the age
- Why is the gender pay gap higher for management jobs?
- The self-employment earnings timebomb
Monthly Archives: February 2012
LSE’s Simon Bastow comments on the investigation into the UK Border Agency and its handling of immigration checks. (You may remember, there was a row last year when it emerged that some security checks had not been carried out during … Continue reading
There’s a hint of desperation in this piece from Jeremy Warner. We have to make it easier for firms to fire people, he says, “everything else we’ve tried has failed to stimulate economic growth.” That’s the sort of thing people … Continue reading
The witch-hunt against freelancers goes on. (See here, here and here.) If the Daily Mail is to be believed, (I know, I know) George Osborne is about to ban the use of interim managers in the public sector. But, while even … Continue reading
The open season on interim managers is gathering pace. It’s moved beyond people covering senior public sector roles to include anyone who is doing contract work for public bodies. The Sunday Telegraph published this non-story at the weekend. Apparently, Moira … Continue reading
A thought-provoking piece from Blair McPherson in the Guardian Public Leaders section about what happens to senior managers who shut themselves off from those lower down in the hierarchy. There are many ways to get rid of a director and the … Continue reading
Radio 4 did an excellent three-part programme a couple of weeks ago on the history of the Euro and the roots of the current crisis. If you are interested in the subject it’s well worth listening to the whole thing but … Continue reading
The row about senior government staff being paid through service companies has spread to local authorities. The ever-helpful Eric Pickles has minted a new term – “town hall tax dodgers” – and ordered councils to publicly declare any such payments. … Continue reading