- @annkempster @signalbc I suspect this reflects what's happening elsewhere; those at the top are pulling away from everyone else. 1 hour ago
- RT @signalbc: BBC News - Civil service: MPs warn of risk of 'pay exodus' bbc.in/17Xe6bl #CivilService #PublicSector #Pay #HR #Talen… 2 hours ago
- RT @FelicityMorse: 100% rise in support for Tories amongst young people, with cutting benefits a reason for surge... Does this resonate? ht… 2 hours ago
- RT @ruskin147: The new middle class - great new multimedia series on web & BBC World masterminded by the fab @eeanrose http://t.co/UQLRjiP… 2 hours ago
- RT @DannyQuah: Excellent! RT @kingeconomist: Speaking at LSE tonight #WhenTheMoneyRunsOut. lse.ac.uk/publicEvents/e… #LSEaffluence @LSEEcon 2 hours ago
- RT @SysThinkReview: After spending hundreds of millions of £s on NHS compliance inspection CQC admit they inspected wrong things. http://t… 2 hours ago
- RT @AlisonChisnell: “@neilmorrison: I'm really excited about Inspiring the Future. Check it out inspiringthefuture.org > sounds brilliant! … 2 hours ago
- RT @TheAtlantic: The secret of viral success is that there is no secret of viral success theatln.tc/13ZfQef 2 hours ago
- RT @MagsNews: Murdoch rocked by claims mobile #phonehacking took place in US independent.co.uk/news/world/ame… < Beckham believes he was targeted.. #… 2 hours ago
- RT @seanjones11kbw: Is there such a thing as "heavy refreshments"? 2 hours ago
- RT @NatSecSoc: Witness the rise of young Turks - not necessarily #secular but #definitely democratic - bit.ly/12tzkeq #Turkey via … 3 hours ago
- @Baskers Radio Tirana was the propaganda station for Albania's old Stalinist regime. Its call sign was chilling! 3 hours ago
- From non-jobs to non-businesses
- When the roses bloom again
- Britain’s debt shows just how bad a kicking we’ve had
- ECHR throws out religious discrimination claims
- What’s happened to the gender pay gap?
- Whatever the UK’s problems are, leaving the EU won’t solve them
- Sleepwalking into tomorrow’s state
- Fixing A&E
- How to reduce your gender pay gap
- Thatcherite zeal? Or just a re-enactment?
- Who lost the 20th century?
- Lambic and geuze – a success story with a sour taste!
Monthly Archives: December 2009
In a case bearing a remarkable similarity to that of Sharon Shoesmith, Salford City Council has dismissed its director of children’s services without compensation or pay in lieu of notice. Salford’s social services department failed to prevent the murder of two-year-old Demi Leigh Mahon, … Continue reading
It is surely a measure of how unpopular bankers are that even the Daily Mail sides with the government on the windfall tax. Whatever the practical problems of such a tax, and there are many, the moral and political arguments are stacked … Continue reading
Gordon Brown has delivered his much-trailed speech promising government efficiency savings. The Prime Minister repeated the promise to protect frontline services, made by Alistair Darling in April’s budget. The government’s plan has been given the title Putting the Frontline First, reinforcing the message that cuts … Continue reading