- Watching #Countryfile on Isles of Scilly. Wonderful place. Contains Britain's most southerly pub too. 12 hours ago
- @Stellabranch You should. Wonderful place. 12 hours ago
- @CCAssoc1 @NigelBakhai Ah. Wasn't aware nominations still open. 13 hours ago
- Thoughtful piece from @DanHannanMEP about visiting the grave of his great uncle who died at the Somme. blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhan… 13 hours ago
- @NigelBakhai Is there a;published list of election candidates? I can't find anything on the Ealing website. 13 hours ago
- RT @LS__chris: @FlipChartRick yep http://t.co/I1awiGdyd6 13 hours ago
- @leftoutside No. Should I? Good map here: filipspagnoli.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/hum… 15 hours ago
- @leftoutside Stalin drew borders then moved people to fit them. 15 hours ago
- RT @DMReporter: NO QUESTIONS ASKED: Jewish socialist gives free food to 5,000 - without even checking if they’re poor. 15 hours ago
- @MWStory Ah, you've been to Bedfordshire then.... 15 hours ago
- RT @TomChivers: A thoughtful, balanced piece on the reality of foodbanks in the FT blogs.ft.com/off-message/20… apologies: can't remember who twe… 15 hours ago
- RT @businessinsider: CHART: There's a shocking connection between eating more chocolate and winning the Nobel Prize read.bi/1i04dhq … 16 hours ago
- Comparative recovery
- The social media pillory
- More freelancers than public employees: Is that really a Good Thing?
- Waiting in vain for the rebound
- Is the state shrinking?
- The working poor and the welfare cap
- Public finances: The picture is largely unchanged
- Is wealth inequality just getting back to normal?
- Bob Crow
- What happens when the pensions run out?
- Work in 2030: Even more precarious than it is now
- The 4G workplace
Monthly Archives: August 2009
I was somewhat surprised to read this when I looked at the NHS productivity website this morning: Unfortunately due to the introduction of the Electronic Staff record (ESR), the Department of Health have been unable to produce the workforce indicators … Continue reading
Outsourcing company Serco shot up the FTSE 100 league table earlier this week after reporting a 31 per-cent rise in revenues and a confident outlook for the next few years. Damian Reece , in the Telegraph, remarked that the FTSE 100 now contains seven … Continue reading
Employee Branding is a concept that has been around for a few years now. For those who have never heard of it, Employee Branding is not about employers stamping logos on their workers with a hot iron, although I often think some … Continue reading
Have you ever worked with a Teflon colleague? I have come across several during my career. A couple of them even had the word in the nicknames by which they were known, as in ‘Teflon James’ or ‘Teflon Andy’. Whatever … Continue reading
The Times reports that Sharon Shoesmith’s legal challenge against the government has been fast-tracked by the High Court. The judicial review, in which Ms Shoesmith will try to prove that Ed Balls exceeded his powers when he removed her, will start on 7th … Continue reading
When American campaigners against President Obama’s health-care reforms attacked his plans by throwing wild accusations against the NHS, it was inevitable that the row would spread to Britain. In the media and the blogosphere, the supporters and opponents of both systems … Continue reading