- RT @businessinsider: There's a massive income divergence between races in America. read.bi/1o0hNkv http://t.co/09YyBwOgi6 3 hours ago
- @stephenkb @Debbie_abrahams That's interesting. What's the difference in late payment times? 3 hours ago
- @Lance63 @38_degrees Why? 4 hours ago
- @SimonMcVicker At what point? @ShoesmithKate @IPSEwestminster @BenedictDel 4 hours ago
- @SimonMcVicker What myths are they nailing? @ShoesmithKate @IPSEwestminster @DuncanOleary 4 hours ago
- RT @LouieWoodall: People don't realise how labour market has changed in last 10 years. There are 1.8m independent pros fulfilling key needs… 5 hours ago
- RT @stephenkb: "The average income for a self-employed person has fallen by 22% [since 2010]," @Debbie_abrahams tells #demoswork 5 hours ago
- @ShoesmithKate @IPSEwestminster I have a wee wager on this: flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/pub… 5 hours ago
- RT @stephenkb: "We haven't been thinking of the self-employed as a group that has needs [from government]," says @SeemaMalhotra1. #demoswork 5 hours ago
- Bloody good pint. At least I won't have to pay import duty on it now. http://t.co/xfrvC73BoX 6 hours ago
- @adrianshort Who better to talk about multiple identities than someone with multiple identities? 10 hours ago
- @Pawelmorski He's not the only one. 10 hours ago
- Pirate Day joke
- Nine thoughts on the referendum result
- Breaking up the UK – everyone’s a loser
- The brutal maths of public spending
- Who saw the crash coming?
- Are we really about to split up our country?
- The Old Rectory Syndrome
- Can UKIP scale up?
- The spirit of the age
- Why is the gender pay gap higher for management jobs?
- The self-employment earnings timebomb
- Britain’s management problem
Monthly Archives: February 2008
A few people have done searches on ‘religion in the workplace’ and found this post which I wrote last year. It’s clearly a subject that is of interest to a number of people. Continuing with this theme, someone sent me a strange story from far away … Continue reading
Following my post yesterday about the NatWest Three, a few people have pointed me to some other blog posts discussing the case. This one on Comment is Free is interesting, as much for some of the comments in the thread as for the post … Continue reading
The NatWest Three have, at long last, been sentenced to jail, although they will probably be back in the UK and writing their memoirs within the year. When I worked in the City, I didn’t know Gary Mulgrew, Giles Darby or … Continue reading
Well perhaps ‘self-hatred’ is a bit strong but a recent survey of managers by Roffey Park showed that those in the public sector had a particularly low opinion of themselves and their peers. The research costs thirty-five quid to buy but … Continue reading
Last night I watched the Dispatches documentary How The Banks Bet Your Money, on More 4. The programme was presented by Jon Moulton of private equity firm Alchemy. It was a devastating attack on both the banks and the British Government’s regulatory … Continue reading
The Yiddish word Chutzpah roughly translates into English as Bare Faced Cheek. There is a fair bit of that about at the moment, especially over the Northern Rock fiasco. Not only do the shareholders want £4 a share from the taxpayer … Continue reading