- RT @Independent: How Canada's 58-year-old Sergeant-at-Arms killed the Ottawa shooting suspect ind.pn/1ru2SiR http://t.co/PlPGu1utNs 1 hour ago
- RT @politicshome: Tomorrow’s Independent on Sunday front page: Millions face years on breadline http://t.co/nAqwO4vNqv 1 hour ago
- RT @4ever_eighties: "Clocks go back an hour tonight, so if Leeds appoint a new manager at 1.30 am, they could actually sack him half an hou… 1 hour ago
- RT @WubeyOneKenobi: Putting clocks back and forward is very silly. Not to mention a massive pain in the arse 1 hour ago
- @Independent If the clocks don't go forward in March, we'll stay on GMT. Sloppy article. @UoMhistdept 1 hour ago
- @VeryBritishDude Grauniad probably not your usual weekend read but I think you'll like this: gu.com/p/427hg/tw 2 hours ago
- Old #DrWho: Great plots, rubbish effects. New #DrWho: Great effects, rubbish plots. 3 hours ago
- RT @jkbloodtreasure: 'Ukraine’s ancestors...had a dominant DNA code of R1a1. They fought mammoths' theatlantic.com/international/… 5 hours ago
- RT @tonyloyd2: Two superb and frightening articles on the jobs market by @Frances_Coppola coppolacomment.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/bifurc… and @FlipChartRick http://… 5 hours ago
- RT @noelito: Come up with ideas that either tackle the underlying problem that’s creating the loops bit.ly/1pgvw7e http://t.co/WwhM… 6 hours ago
- @AnnabelR4HR He's got people who've been working for fifty years No one asks for more money cuz nobody dares 6 hours ago
- RT @AnnabelR4HR: Over half of British workers too scared to ask for pay rise ow.ly/DeYHK #HR 6 hours ago
- Lost decade? We used to dream of a lost decade!
- Public finances: From La La Land to Dipsy Land
- The taxless recovery
- A high-skill, low-wage recovery
- The 2015 Dilemma (Revised Edition)
- Pirate Day joke
- Nine thoughts on the referendum result
- Breaking up the UK – everyone’s a loser
- The brutal maths of public spending
- Who saw the crash coming?
- Are we really about to split up our country?
- The Old Rectory Syndrome
Monthly Archives: December 2007
In October I wrote about religious disputes in the workplace arising as faith groups claimed rights that would ultimately come into conflict. This story from the Manchester Evening News is a good example. A HOSPITAL porter quizzed by police after a row over a crucifix being covered in … Continue reading
Remember that story about the Norwegian government imposing a gender quota on publicly listed companies? Well it seems many companies have decided, at the eleventh hour, that the government might just be serious. The Wall Street Journal reports: As the law’s deadline nears, the scramble for … Continue reading
Now this could get interesting.