- @MJCarty @MervynDinnen @duncanbHR Any of you chaps going to this? resolutionfoundation.org/events/just-jo… 10 hours ago
- RT @resfoundation: NEW EVENT The changing face of self-employment. Launch of a major RF report next month. resolutionfoundation.org/events/just-jo… 12 hours ago
- @mjturner1975 @AdamBienkov Doubt it, given the demand for London property. 21 hours ago
- @johnb78 Now that's really silly. For a start, where would you draw the boundary? @mjturner1975 @AdamBienkov 21 hours ago
- @johnb78 @mjturner1975 @AdamBienkov More here: flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/tim… 21 hours ago
- @AdamBienkov Because it would relocate power and state spending to another part of the country. 21 hours ago
- Moving the government from London would be "one of the most democratic reforms in British history" says John Harris. theguardian.com/commentisfree/…" 21 hours ago
- RT @resfoundation: NEW SURVEY 450,000 newly self-employed workers would rather be employees - though clear majority are content. http://t.c… 21 hours ago
- Good piece in @SocietyGuardian on the Crossrail apprentice scheme: gu.com/p/3zcdy/tw Kudos to @robjones_tring and colleagues. 21 hours ago
- RT @BillRegenda: Self-Employment – Entrepreneurial Dawn Or The End Of Secure Jobs? theworkfoundation.com/blog/1800/Self… 1 day ago
- RT @SFSG2011: Should we be concerned about the rise in self-employment? fb.me/3e9FUgx6F 1 day ago
- RT @TheBusyFool: Work Foundation: Self-Employment – Entrepreneurial Dawn Or The End Of Secure Jobs? ow.ly/2FHe8H 1 day ago
- Comparative recovery
- The social media pillory
- More freelancers than public employees: Is that really a Good Thing?
- Waiting in vain for the rebound
- Is the state shrinking?
- The working poor and the welfare cap
- Public finances: The picture is largely unchanged
- Is wealth inequality just getting back to normal?
- Bob Crow
- What happens when the pensions run out?
- Work in 2030: Even more precarious than it is now
- The 4G workplace
Monthly Archives: December 2007
In October I wrote about religious disputes in the workplace arising as faith groups claimed rights that would ultimately come into conflict. This story from the Manchester Evening News is a good example. A HOSPITAL porter quizzed by police after a row over a crucifix being covered in … Continue reading
Remember that story about the Norwegian government imposing a gender quota on publicly listed companies? Well it seems many companies have decided, at the eleventh hour, that the government might just be serious. The Wall Street Journal reports: As the law’s deadline nears, the scramble for … Continue reading
Now this could get interesting.