- @Avitusparta What...? 5 hours ago
- @SiobhanHRSheri @Pontecarloblue Thank you. Thought I followed you a while back but.... 5 hours ago
- @Avitusparta BULL. SHIT! 5 hours ago
- @Pontecarloblue @SiobhanHRSheri Seconded! 5 hours ago
- @stianwestlake @Gilesyb Noble mounted archers? Nah. 5 hours ago
- @CultureEffect @AndySpence @Pontecarloblue @dougshaw1 We'll just have to meet in a pub instead. 5 hours ago
- @CultureEffect @AndySpence @Pontecarloblue @dougshaw1 Gotta laugh haven't you? 5 hours ago
- RT @BriscoeJackie: Insightful and thought provoking question time thanks @CIPD_CLB @Cheese_Peter #cipdqt http://t.co/iwVdISjFSf 6 hours ago
- RT @TheAtlantic: Angry young men are making the world less stable theatln.tc/1ixJOlF 6 hours ago
- ICYMI today's post: What happens when the pensions run out? wp.me/p3uYA-1Y1 7 hours ago
- @NikkiJayne28 @SimonMagus "The Norman Conquest was a Good Thing, as from this time onwards England stopped being conquered..." 7 hours ago
- RT @SimonMagus: This is pretty ace - Map of Europe 1000AD to present day bit.ly/JA16KO 7 hours ago
- What happens when the pensions run out?
- Work in 2030: Even more precarious than it is now
- The 4G workplace
- America: Not a small business country
- Will the shift to self employment change our politics?
- Why the middle-classes are not as posh as they used to be
- What should they know of English who only English know?
- The migration to self-employment may outlast the recession
- Floods: If you’re far enough from a river, you’re safe, right?
- Self-employment since the crash: Numbers up, earnings down
- Tax rises ahead
- Hierarchy redux
Monthly Archives: November 2007
Someone else has noticed that Conservative MP John Redwood wants to repeal the Data Protection Act. The Tories will keep quiet about that in the light of recent events. I’m surprised no-one in the Labour Party has thought to throw this piece of mud across … Continue reading
“If people had stuck to the procedures, this would never have happened.” How many times have you heard a senior manager say that? This was, more or less, what Alistair Darling said in his statement to the House of Commons yesterday, … Continue reading
I’ve just come across this guide to office politics on Australian blog “All men are lairs”. Here are a few extracts: Rule 1: There is ALWAYS office politics. There is nothing more naive than a perky friend starting a fresh gig … Continue reading
My post about Gordon Brown’s proposed core values statement inspired Jesse Walker of Reason Online to re-write John of Gaunt’s speech from Richard II in corporate speak: This Proactive Plot, This Synergistic Earth, This High-Impact Realm, This England. You may … Continue reading
Here’s another one of those I-wish-I’d-said-that quotes: There is a dogshit attached to the shoe of NLP….. Hat Tip – Guru
Yesterday on Radio 4 I heard someone say that Gordon Brown wants Britain to have a national motto and a statement of core values. With a sinking heart, I did a quick search and discovered that the government has quietly … Continue reading
My friend Rob Briner has a piece in the latest issue of People Management on evidence-based management. Rob has been writing on this subject for some time and his assertion is that much of what passes for people management in British … Continue reading
A YouGov study for Investors in People published this week showed that fewer than 30% of those surveyed had complete trust their bosses. 78% believed that their bosses had let them down in the past and 55% said that their managers had shared confidential information … Continue reading
More evidence of the general malaise in the HR function was published this week. Recruitment specialists hy-phen surveyed 168 HR Directors at their conference in Harrogate. Most felt that they were struggling to achieve adequate standards of delivery in core HR functions. The … Continue reading
Ah, so that’s what I’ve got; a Liquid Grain Storage Facility!