- @seanjones11kbw A true statesman. 24 minutes ago
- RT @seanjones11kbw: Impressed to hear Farage warning against damage that using romantic nationalist populism to blind people to economic re… 25 minutes ago
- RT @wornoutmumhack: Has anyone yet said that the result maybe, just maybe, nothing to do with fear but because most folk didn't want indepe… 25 minutes ago
- Nine thoughts on the referendum result wp.me/p3uYA-2aB 29 minutes ago
- @accessjames Or the regions we already have? 2 hours ago
- RT @KimMacNamara_HR: Soooo true! http://t.co/AL1G2pM2m8 3 hours ago
- @ingridk Too small. 3 hours ago
- Devolution to England is hardly devolution at all. citymetric.com/english-devolu… http://t.co/PIDj127vgl HT @CityMetric 3 hours ago
- Should we be making changes to our constitution in this piecemeal way, says @afneil. Britain always has. It's what we do. #bbcnews 3 hours ago
- The logical conclusion of all this is devolution to English regions. But people didn't like it last time they were asked. 3 hours ago
- @DazNewman Someone might get a country to play with. 3 hours ago
- RT @DazNewman: So the UK survives, but will #ukemplaw? Will employment law become a devolved issue as it is in Northern Ireland? 3 hours ago
- Nine thoughts on the referendum result
- Breaking up the UK – everyone’s a loser
- The brutal maths of public spending
- Who saw the crash coming?
- Are we really about to split up our country?
- The Old Rectory Syndrome
- Can UKIP scale up?
- The spirit of the age
- Why is the gender pay gap higher for management jobs?
- The self-employment earnings timebomb
- Britain’s management problem
- Italian tragedy
Monthly Archives: November 2007
Someone else has noticed that Conservative MP John Redwood wants to repeal the Data Protection Act. The Tories will keep quiet about that in the light of recent events. I’m surprised no-one in the Labour Party has thought to throw this piece of mud across … Continue reading
“If people had stuck to the procedures, this would never have happened.” How many times have you heard a senior manager say that? This was, more or less, what Alistair Darling said in his statement to the House of Commons yesterday, … Continue reading
I’ve just come across this guide to office politics on Australian blog “All men are lairs”. Here are a few extracts: Rule 1: There is ALWAYS office politics. There is nothing more naive than a perky friend starting a fresh gig … Continue reading
My post about Gordon Brown’s proposed core values statement inspired Jesse Walker of Reason Online to re-write John of Gaunt’s speech from Richard II in corporate speak: This Proactive Plot, This Synergistic Earth, This High-Impact Realm, This England. You may … Continue reading
Here’s another one of those I-wish-I’d-said-that quotes: There is a dogshit attached to the shoe of NLP….. Hat Tip – Guru
Yesterday on Radio 4 I heard someone say that Gordon Brown wants Britain to have a national motto and a statement of core values. With a sinking heart, I did a quick search and discovered that the government has quietly … Continue reading