- The recovery might not deliver David Cameron a majority in 2015. Here's why | via @Telegraph fw.to/Acg6rHf 2 hours ago
- Is the BRICS rise over? bruegel.org/nc/blog/detail… 2 hours ago
- @robjones_tring I saw that but didn't recognise you. Presumably you had hard hat and all the rest on. 2 hours ago
- RT @MattWhittakerRF: Great new interactive financial distress map from Which? How does your street compare? consumerinsight.which.co.uk/maps 2 hours ago
- RT @WeLoveLocalGov: Fascinating stuff > RT @LSEEuroppblog: Estonia's online voting is faster and cheaper, but it hasn't increased turnout h… 5 hours ago
- @robjones_tring Which episode? 6 hours ago
- @Paul0Evans1 Jeez! 14 hours ago
- @Paul0Evans1 This has to be bollocks, surely.... nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-For… 14 hours ago
- @drpievann That's not bad. Roughly same as here Assumed it would be more than that. @pkirkham @MartinEdhouse 15 hours ago
- @PerryTimms Must be worth a bomb. @TimScottHR @MervynDinnen 15 hours ago
- @PerryTimms @TimScottHR @MervynDinnen Just caught up with it. Your set will have to include Frank Wilson. 15 hours ago
- @drpievann @MartinEdhouse Well that's a matter of opinion... 15 hours ago
- Tony Blair’s leadership
- Austerity: Yesterday’s news. And tomorrow’s!
- The self-employed: Not employees but not always business people either
- Strikingly stupid
- Self-employment: the punch bag of the recession
- Why I’m striking today (Guest post from a public servant)
- Immigration and the jobs miracle
- Hollowing out the tax base
- Public spending mitigates inequality – at least, for now
- In praise of … covering your back
- Zero hours contracts: How far can (and should) the law go?
- Stop bashing the young and try giving them work experience
Our Best HR & Te… on Employee engagement hyperbole Dipper on Tony Blair’s leadership Economic Rights are… on Strikingly stupid Symbolist on Employee engagement hyperbole abcounties on Metropolitan bureaucrats ate o… David on Tony Blair’s leadership Dave Timoney on Tony Blair’s leadership P Hearn on Tony Blair’s leadership petermbenglish on Is the NHS really over-ma… Gerry Ramsden AIBMLS on Is the NHS really over-ma… Steve on Will ‘dismiss and re-eng… David on Stop bashing the young and try…
Monthly Archives: October 2007
Many years ago, at the tail end of the Thatcher era, I did a CIPD qualification. On the syllabus was Harry Braverman’s Labor and Monopoly Capital. It was considered, at the time, to be the seminal Marxist work on the labour process and the … Continue reading
I’m often impressed by the ability of women to run for trains and buses while wearing high heels. This, however, is just plain bloody stupid.
There is a blogger tradition that Friday is Official Cat Blogging Day. That’s why I have posted this video which, if you’ve ever lived with a cat, will make you laugh. Our cat even sleeps in the same spot on the … Continue reading
Associated Newspapers, owners of the Daily Mail and Evening Standard, have threatened recruitment blogger Peter Gold with legal action. It appears that Peter dissed The Appointment, their retail recruitment magazine, and so Associated have sent the boys round. Well, they’ve written Peter … Continue reading
This is an odd thing to hear from a Tory shadow minister. Theresa May has said that employers who are found guilty of pay discrimination should be forced to conduct an equal pay audit. For those unfamiliar with this process, it … Continue reading
Oh dear! The Corporate Whore is trying to pull one of the HR people at his firm. He’s planning to make his move at a pre-Christmas drinking bout. I just know it will end in tears. Possibly even P45s. These things always do.
Here’s an update on that story from Norway. Karita Bekkemellem, the minister who threatened to close firms down for not complying with the gender quota, has been sacked. Whether her successor will continue with the policy to be seen. As soon as … Continue reading
If you are thinking of saving on your wage bill by employing stupid, gullible people, think again. It could end up costing you several million. HR Wench has a handy quiz to help you screen such people out of your organisation.
We don’t do embarrassing-bosses-at-conferences anywhere near as well as they do them in the USA. This looks rather endearing when compared to real toe-curling stuff like this: …..or this. If anyone else knows of any company-song, away-day humiliation, or bosses-who-should-know-better videos, point me to them. … Continue reading