- RT @SimonHeath1: NEW - Blogpost - SKETCHNOTE BLUE - it's about what I do wp.me/p2YgNX-dt with thanks to @fuchsia_blue and @AcademyOf… 35 minutes ago
- @path_dependent In some ways, it's still the 90s. m.vanityfair.com/style/2012/01/… 1 hour ago
- RT @Slate: Other companies that keep oodles of cash oversees: slate.me/11ccR54 9 hours ago
- @moorehn Because presence of guns discourages crime or because the British are more violent? 9 hours ago
- RT @moorehn: @wwol13 per capita, UK stabbings more deadly than US shootings. Ex from 2009: sob.apotheon.org/?p=1323 9 hours ago
- It's more difficult for TV drama to 'do' the 90s in the way it can 'do' the 70s and 80s. #lifeofcrime 10 hours ago
- Not "hippy cspitalists" but "robber barons in chinos" gu.com/p/3gvzp/tw 10 hours ago
- Let's get out of the depression before talking about Europe bit.ly/13DfpIJ @williamkeegan on the money as usual 10 hours ago
- RT @apostolos_kl: #UK: IMF Warns on Dangers of Help to Buy Mortgage Scheme bit.ly/Z0bdRF 12 hours ago
- RT @PSbook: NEW --> UKIP economic spokesman welcomes mass unemployment: "I hope hundreds, thousands of jobs will be lost" http://t.co/NtLab… 13 hours ago
- RT @CristinaOhq: 41 European laws discriminate against Christians | free faith freefaith.com/2013/05/22/41-… 19 hours ago
- @Pawelmorski Buy to let landlords? 19 hours ago
- Sleepwalking into tomorrow’s state
- Fixing A&E
- How to reduce your gender pay gap
- Thatcherite zeal? Or just a re-enactment?
- Who lost the 20th century?
- Lambic and geuze – a success story with a sour taste!
- Shares For Rights – Government quietly revives one of its stupidest ideas
- Did the left win the 20th century?
- Did Thatcher break the trade unions?
- Workplace rights for druids and pagans – if you supported Eweida, this is what you asked for!
- Scroungers, scumbags and soaring welfare costs
- In The Shadow Of The Sword
Monthly Archives: October 2007
Many years ago, at the tail end of the Thatcher era, I did a CIPD qualification. On the syllabus was Harry Braverman’s Labor and Monopoly Capital. It was considered, at the time, to be the seminal Marxist work on the labour process and the … Continue reading
I’m often impressed by the ability of women to run for trains and buses while wearing high heels. This, however, is just plain bloody stupid.
There is a blogger tradition that Friday is Official Cat Blogging Day. That’s why I have posted this video which, if you’ve ever lived with a cat, will make you laugh. Our cat even sleeps in the same spot on the … Continue reading
Associated Newspapers, owners of the Daily Mail and Evening Standard, have threatened recruitment blogger Peter Gold with legal action. It appears that Peter dissed The Appointment, their retail recruitment magazine, and so Associated have sent the boys round. Well, they’ve written Peter … Continue reading
This is an odd thing to hear from a Tory shadow minister. Theresa May has said that employers who are found guilty of pay discrimination should be forced to conduct an equal pay audit. For those unfamiliar with this process, it … Continue reading
Oh dear! The Corporate Whore is trying to pull one of the HR people at his firm. He’s planning to make his move at a pre-Christmas drinking bout. I just know it will end in tears. Possibly even P45s. These things always do.
Here’s an update on that story from Norway. Karita Bekkemellem, the minister who threatened to close firms down for not complying with the gender quota, has been sacked. Whether her successor will continue with the policy to be seen. As soon as … Continue reading
If you are thinking of saving on your wage bill by employing stupid, gullible people, think again. It could end up costing you several million. HR Wench has a handy quiz to help you screen such people out of your organisation.
We don’t do embarrassing-bosses-at-conferences anywhere near as well as they do them in the USA. This looks rather endearing when compared to real toe-curling stuff like this: …..or this. If anyone else knows of any company-song, away-day humiliation, or bosses-who-should-know-better videos, point me to them. … Continue reading