- Martin Sorrell predicted a bath-shaped recession. He was right but it's been a long bath. http://t.co/NqS6RrwX6P HT @StrongerInNos 55 minutes ago
- Well it's up north, the people talk funny and the river begins with T: buzzfeed.com/jonstone/david… #oops HT @Wonkypolicywonk 19 hours ago
- Must-read @resfoundation on household debt: resolutionfoundation.org/publications/h… Taxpayer on hook for the wobbly mortgages. theguardian.com/money/2014/jun… 19 hours ago
- @JonnElledge Brilliant. Begs for a parody blog post. 20 hours ago
- RT @JonnElledge: @FlipChartRick "Lost decade"? We used to dream of having a "lost decade". 20 hours ago
- GDP per capita: At last, it's 2005! http://t.co/gnQKJ8EnTw Via @StrongerInNos 20 hours ago
- New @resfoundation report explains why raising interest rates would be bonkers. resolutionfoundation.org/publications/h… 20 hours ago
- RT @Frances_Coppola: RT @CJFDillow: CEO pay is urelated to performance: buswk.co/WB5QLj 20 hours ago
- @drpievann @pkirkham Well maybe a few more than one. 21 hours ago
- Off to Newcastle. We'll raise a glass to absent friends @pkirkham and @drpievann 21 hours ago
- RT @patrickjbutler: Poverty/inequality now 5th in @IpsosMORI "important issues" list: highest public rating since 1998 https://t.co/TfKqmir… 21 hours ago
- RT @CIPD_WLB: Some great speakers at West London CIPD next season, including @KateGL @dds180 @Cheese_Peter and @DazNewman 21 hours ago
- Tony Blair’s leadership
- Austerity: Yesterday’s news. And tomorrow’s!
- The self-employed: Not employees but not always business people either
- Strikingly stupid
- Self-employment: the punch bag of the recession
- Why I’m striking today (Guest post from a public servant)
- Immigration and the jobs miracle
- Hollowing out the tax base
- Public spending mitigates inequality – at least, for now
- In praise of … covering your back
- Zero hours contracts: How far can (and should) the law go?
- Stop bashing the young and try giving them work experience
Dipper on Tony Blair’s leadership abcounties on Metropolitan bureaucrats ate o… David on Tony Blair’s leadership Dave Timoney on Tony Blair’s leadership P Hearn on Tony Blair’s leadership petermbenglish on Is the NHS really over-ma… Gerry Ramsden AIBMLS on Is the NHS really over-ma… Steve on Will ‘dismiss and re-eng… David on Stop bashing the young and try… Anders on Strikingly stupid Noemi on The self-employed: Not employe… John Dowdle on Strikingly stupid
Monthly Archives: October 2007
Many years ago, at the tail end of the Thatcher era, I did a CIPD qualification. On the syllabus was Harry Braverman’s Labor and Monopoly Capital. It was considered, at the time, to be the seminal Marxist work on the labour process and the … Continue reading
I’m often impressed by the ability of women to run for trains and buses while wearing high heels. This, however, is just plain bloody stupid.
There is a blogger tradition that Friday is Official Cat Blogging Day. That’s why I have posted this video which, if you’ve ever lived with a cat, will make you laugh. Our cat even sleeps in the same spot on the … Continue reading
Associated Newspapers, owners of the Daily Mail and Evening Standard, have threatened recruitment blogger Peter Gold with legal action. It appears that Peter dissed The Appointment, their retail recruitment magazine, and so Associated have sent the boys round. Well, they’ve written Peter … Continue reading
This is an odd thing to hear from a Tory shadow minister. Theresa May has said that employers who are found guilty of pay discrimination should be forced to conduct an equal pay audit. For those unfamiliar with this process, it … Continue reading
Oh dear! The Corporate Whore is trying to pull one of the HR people at his firm. He’s planning to make his move at a pre-Christmas drinking bout. I just know it will end in tears. Possibly even P45s. These things always do.
Here’s an update on that story from Norway. Karita Bekkemellem, the minister who threatened to close firms down for not complying with the gender quota, has been sacked. Whether her successor will continue with the policy to be seen. As soon as … Continue reading
If you are thinking of saving on your wage bill by employing stupid, gullible people, think again. It could end up costing you several million. HR Wench has a handy quiz to help you screen such people out of your organisation.
We don’t do embarrassing-bosses-at-conferences anywhere near as well as they do them in the USA. This looks rather endearing when compared to real toe-curling stuff like this: …..or this. If anyone else knows of any company-song, away-day humiliation, or bosses-who-should-know-better videos, point me to them. … Continue reading