- @AlisonChisnell Yes thanks. We should hook up for lunch. 6 hours ago
- @AlisonChisnell Thanks Alison. How's things? 6 hours ago
- ICYMI: Can UKIP scale up? wp.me/p3uYA-29v 7 hours ago
- @koenfucius Thanks for that. 8 hours ago
- @bill1303 Thanks Bill. I doubt it too. 8 hours ago
- @CJFDillow What? He never read Marxism Today in the 80s? 8 hours ago
- RT @TimHarford: Is this the best political science syllabus ever? dlvr.it/6nmG3B 8 hours ago
- RT @TimHarford: Labour's austerity problem dlvr.it/6nrNSY 8 hours ago
- @gooroohealth Why, thank you! @ruthkeeling 8 hours ago
- @ruthkeeling Hi. How's the new(ish) job going? @gooroohealth 8 hours ago
- @garethrwallace Thanks Gareth. 8 hours ago
- My attempt to apply some organisational analysis to UKIP. wp.me/p3uYA-29v 11 hours ago
- Can UKIP scale up?
- The spirit of the age
- Why is the gender pay gap higher for management jobs?
- The self-employment earnings timebomb
- Britain’s management problem
- Italian tragedy
- Economy in ‘wait and see’ mode
- Turbo greying
- Sector-wide groupthink
- Low pay and high benefit costs a feature of the 2010s
- War – the mother of the tech sector
- Self-employed: Newbies or old-timers, the economics are still dire
Monthly Archives: October 2007
Many years ago, at the tail end of the Thatcher era, I did a CIPD qualification. On the syllabus was Harry Braverman’s Labor and Monopoly Capital. It was considered, at the time, to be the seminal Marxist work on the labour process and the … Continue reading
I’m often impressed by the ability of women to run for trains and buses while wearing high heels. This, however, is just plain bloody stupid.
There is a blogger tradition that Friday is Official Cat Blogging Day. That’s why I have posted this video which, if you’ve ever lived with a cat, will make you laugh. Our cat even sleeps in the same spot on the … Continue reading
Associated Newspapers, owners of the Daily Mail and Evening Standard, have threatened recruitment blogger Peter Gold with legal action. It appears that Peter dissed The Appointment, their retail recruitment magazine, and so Associated have sent the boys round. Well, they’ve written Peter … Continue reading
This is an odd thing to hear from a Tory shadow minister. Theresa May has said that employers who are found guilty of pay discrimination should be forced to conduct an equal pay audit. For those unfamiliar with this process, it … Continue reading
Oh dear! The Corporate Whore is trying to pull one of the HR people at his firm. He’s planning to make his move at a pre-Christmas drinking bout. I just know it will end in tears. Possibly even P45s. These things always do.