- #ConnectingHR folk, please say hello to @jivankaur 2 hours ago
- Age and the gender pay gap wp.me/p3uYA-1TU #UKEmpLaw 2 hours ago
- What's happened to the gender pay gap wp.me/p3uYA-1TU 4 hours ago
- @Barsacq Aye, and they carry on getting darker until around 5 Jan. It's the dark evenings that depress people more though. 6 hours ago
- @holland_tom Did you see this? washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldvie… HT @sunnysingh_nw3 6 hours ago
- Hang on in there folks. After this weekend, the evenings start getting lighter. timeanddate.com/worldclock/ast… 6 hours ago
- @gmggranger Old Son? 6 hours ago
- @sarahoconnor_ I think it's a mixture of both. Some social attitudes - men taking on more childcare. Some later motherhood. 7 hours ago
- @faisalislam The reduction in the 30-something gender pay gap is quite recent. wp.me/p3uYA-1TU 8 hours ago
- @johnhalton @sarahoconnor_ I've got some data from 2006 and then 2009 onwards. wp.me/p3uYA-1TU 8 hours ago
- @sarahoconnor_ I suspect it is, though it has been falling for those in their 30s in recent years. wp.me/p3uYA-1TU 8 hours ago
- Is the big wage squeeze coming to an end? on.ft.com/19jPXM9 8 hours ago
- Age and the gender pay gap
- No-one from the north need apply!
- 1948: a dystopian tale – by George O
- What about Cornwall?
- Is there a North-South divide? And where is it?
- Business Demographics
- Big Brother, Big Sister and control-freakery
- A Comment Award for the boy who couldn’t write
- High pay, low pay and secular stagnation
- Demographic timebomb – not as timebomby if we work a bit longer
- Acid Retirement Home
- Public service cuts: Has the government gotten away with it?
Monthly Archives: October 2007
Many years ago, at the tail end of the Thatcher era, I did a CIPD qualification. On the syllabus was Harry Braverman’s Labor and Monopoly Capital. It was considered, at the time, to be the seminal Marxist work on the labour process and the … Continue reading
I’m often impressed by the ability of women to run for trains and buses while wearing high heels. This, however, is just plain bloody stupid.
There is a blogger tradition that Friday is Official Cat Blogging Day. That’s why I have posted this video which, if you’ve ever lived with a cat, will make you laugh. Our cat even sleeps in the same spot on the … Continue reading
Associated Newspapers, owners of the Daily Mail and Evening Standard, have threatened recruitment blogger Peter Gold with legal action. It appears that Peter dissed The Appointment, their retail recruitment magazine, and so Associated have sent the boys round. Well, they’ve written Peter … Continue reading
This is an odd thing to hear from a Tory shadow minister. Theresa May has said that employers who are found guilty of pay discrimination should be forced to conduct an equal pay audit. For those unfamiliar with this process, it … Continue reading
Oh dear! The Corporate Whore is trying to pull one of the HR people at his firm. He’s planning to make his move at a pre-Christmas drinking bout. I just know it will end in tears. Possibly even P45s. These things always do.
Here’s an update on that story from Norway. Karita Bekkemellem, the minister who threatened to close firms down for not complying with the gender quota, has been sacked. Whether her successor will continue with the policy to be seen. As soon as … Continue reading
If you are thinking of saving on your wage bill by employing stupid, gullible people, think again. It could end up costing you several million. HR Wench has a handy quiz to help you screen such people out of your organisation.
We don’t do embarrassing-bosses-at-conferences anywhere near as well as they do them in the USA. This looks rather endearing when compared to real toe-curling stuff like this: …..or this. If anyone else knows of any company-song, away-day humiliation, or bosses-who-should-know-better videos, point me to them. … Continue reading