- @moorehn @SmithsonianMag The other 90% are just not trying hard enough. 1 day ago
- @neilmorrison Did you see this? http://t.co/AyzauYxWBd 1 day ago
- RT @neilmorrison: Virgin offer unlimited holiday to 0.34% of employees bbc.co.uk/news/business-… I bet the other 99.66% are chuffed - based on… 1 day ago
- Catbert explains the unlimited holidays thing. http://t.co/AyzauYxWBd HT @HR_Gem cc @GrumpyLecturer 1 day ago
- RT @HR_Gem: Catbert tries it the Virgin way....#HRhumour http://t.co/rnnYoR1QvZ 1 day ago
- @StrongerInNos @Frances_Coppola @EmpManPaul @D_Blanchflower This benefit cap is sure gonna kill the deficit. #FiscalLaLaLand 1 day ago
- RT @sazza_jay: Quick reminder that 80% of new UK jobs have been created within London and minimum wage doesn't cover rising cost of London … 1 day ago
- RT @AndrewMueller: What riding my bike has taught me about white privilege < very good and thought provoking read qz.com/257474/what-ri… 1 day ago
- RT @wonkmonk_: The Benefits of Economic Expansions Are Increasingly Going to the Richest Americans nyti.ms/1vjWNeK http://t.co/4fDOr… 1 day ago
- RT @LordPlutocrat: 2nd part of this article is spot on. It's really tough being rich and helicopter landing charges are an outrage! http://… 1 day ago
- @paulypauluk Some background here. moneyweek.com/the-catalonian… 1 day ago
- @paulypauluk Don't know how strong the feeling is but speeches to crowd last night were demanding a vote. 1 day ago
- The taxless recovery
- A high-skill, low-wage recovery
- The 2015 Dilemma (Revised Edition)
- Pirate Day joke
- Nine thoughts on the referendum result
- Breaking up the UK – everyone’s a loser
- The brutal maths of public spending
- Who saw the crash coming?
- Are we really about to split up our country?
- The Old Rectory Syndrome
- Can UKIP scale up?
- The spirit of the age
Monthly Archives: October 2007
Many years ago, at the tail end of the Thatcher era, I did a CIPD qualification. On the syllabus was Harry Braverman’s Labor and Monopoly Capital. It was considered, at the time, to be the seminal Marxist work on the labour process and the … Continue reading
I’m often impressed by the ability of women to run for trains and buses while wearing high heels. This, however, is just plain bloody stupid.
There is a blogger tradition that Friday is Official Cat Blogging Day. That’s why I have posted this video which, if you’ve ever lived with a cat, will make you laugh. Our cat even sleeps in the same spot on the … Continue reading
Associated Newspapers, owners of the Daily Mail and Evening Standard, have threatened recruitment blogger Peter Gold with legal action. It appears that Peter dissed The Appointment, their retail recruitment magazine, and so Associated have sent the boys round. Well, they’ve written Peter … Continue reading
This is an odd thing to hear from a Tory shadow minister. Theresa May has said that employers who are found guilty of pay discrimination should be forced to conduct an equal pay audit. For those unfamiliar with this process, it … Continue reading
Oh dear! The Corporate Whore is trying to pull one of the HR people at his firm. He’s planning to make his move at a pre-Christmas drinking bout. I just know it will end in tears. Possibly even P45s. These things always do.