- RT @Frances_Coppola: RT @albertonardelli: Prostitution in #Greece has surged 150% in the last two years flip.it/oVMaR < shows who … 52 minutes ago
- Today's post: What's happened to the gender pay gap? wp.me/p3uYA-1LO #ukemplaw #equality 1 hour ago
- @mickfealty Thanks Mick. 1 hour ago
- @yorksranter @dsquareddigest What's a 'media Nathan'? I only ask because I want to work it into a conversation! 2 hours ago
- @OwenJones84 That's from the days when he still had a party. 3 hours ago
- There really is a Mid-Life Crisis Motorcycle Club: mid-lifecrisismcc.org.uk/662/ Brilliant! 5 hours ago
- The disappearing gender pay gap: wp.me/p3uYA-1LO Has pay levelled down rather than up? asks @GrumpyLecturer 5 hours ago
- RT @VeryBritishDude: Does @ToryGrassroots realise how much faster This government is cutting than Thatcher's first, despite the landslide? … 5 hours ago
- @adamcorlett @Frances_Coppola Recent rise is self-employment is due to weak labour demand and casualisation. 5 hours ago
- @Frances_Coppola @adamcorlett I doubt it too. Tax ruse thing is a red herring. Possibly true in the case of a few senior people. 5 hours ago
- The gender pay gap? It's a Gen X thing! wp.me/p3uYA-1LO #HR #equality #ukemplaw 5 hours ago
- @tweetyaca When you talk so quickly, you need the odd pause for breath :-) 5 hours ago
- What’s happened to the gender pay gap?
- Whatever the UK’s problems are, leaving the EU won’t solve them
- Sleepwalking into tomorrow’s state
- Fixing A&E
- How to reduce your gender pay gap
- Thatcherite zeal? Or just a re-enactment?
- Who lost the 20th century?
- Lambic and geuze – a success story with a sour taste!
- Shares For Rights – Government quietly revives one of its stupidest ideas
- Did the left win the 20th century?
- Did Thatcher break the trade unions?
- Workplace rights for druids and pagans – if you supported Eweida, this is what you asked for!
Monthly Archives: August 2007
If you want to read a really funny blog, you should visit Harry Hutton’s “Chase me, ladies, I’m in the cavalry“. Here’s what he thinks about training: Have to go to another of their stinking training days in a minute. … Continue reading
Here’s another of those random thoughts I had during a meeting yesterday. Organisations spend much more time, energy and cash on talking about what they are going to do, and then making the plans look good, than they do actually making it happen. … Continue reading
Who are the kings and pawns in your office? Hat Tip: The Corporate Whore
There was a piece on Radio 4′s Today programme yesterday on the lack of good novels about the business world. It was the last item and the BBC can’t be bothered to stick the recording on their website so I … Continue reading
The Chartered institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is gearing up for its annual conference. In this suitably gung-ho statement it says: It’s no longer enough for HR to facilitate what organisations do. Great HR should drive what organisations can achieve … Continue reading
Here’s a strange story from the USA. It seems that accountancy and management consultancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers tried to scrimp on its diversity provisions. Employers in the USA are being encouraged to provide ‘lactating rooms’ where women can go during the … Continue reading
I seem to have come down with a cold, which is why there hasn’t been much on here for the past couple of days. A cold! In August! Never would’ve happened when I were a lad. Back then, t’ sun … Continue reading
The Conservative Party’s Economic Competitiveness Policy Group has published its report Freeing Britain to Compete. The full report is in this PDF – ecpgcomplete1.pdf. The paper has a whole chapter on business regulation and the need to get rid of red tape. Businessmen … Continue reading
Another study ‘proving’ that email is stressing us all out. For God’s sake, get a grip. As I said before, if you know who its from or it looks important or interesting, open it. If not, ignore it. In the … Continue reading