- Increasing the top rate of tax. Yep, that'll balance the budget. #FiscalLaLaLand http://t.co/vcbjBkQLGE 40 minutes ago
- RT @joesarling: Public investment, private gain #ukhousing #LVT | telegraph.co.uk/finance/person… | http://t.co/7j2YEVEnNQ 1 hour ago
- RT @pdacosta: Why Wall Street cares about inequality (It's consumption, stupid) on.wsj.com/1x1Vsv9 http://t.co/jaqRDiHi9z 1 hour ago
- Next time someone talks about Scottish MPs voting on English laws, ask them which laws. #WestLothian 1 hour ago
- RT @rafalhirsch: Why Germans pay cash for almost everything qz.com/262595 via @qz 1 hour ago
- RT @KateGL: Start of a beautiful evening in Jersey http://t.co/JM8sSC4dz7 1 hour ago
- RT @BI_Britain: The world's second-largest retailer is imploding: buff.ly/XWRKno 1 hour ago
- @JnthnMorse Who? Osborne or Cridland? 1 hour ago
- George Osborne has picked all the low-hanging fruit, says John Cridland. Next chancellor will have to work a lot harder. #C4news #Austerity 1 hour ago
- The UK political establishment has set up residence in La La Land: read.bi/1r0zlCQ Via @tomashirstecon 1 hour ago
- RT @tomashirstecon: Impossible cuts implied by UK parties' budget plans - owes a big debt to @FlipChartRick to whom I now owe a pint: http:… 1 hour ago
- RT @MKTWgoldstein: This one surprised me. The U.S. *leads* developed world in percent of low-paying jobs on.mktw.net/1uy0pac http://t.co… 1 hour ago
- The 2015 Dilemma (Revised Edition)
- Pirate Day joke
- Nine thoughts on the referendum result
- Breaking up the UK – everyone’s a loser
- The brutal maths of public spending
- Who saw the crash coming?
- Are we really about to split up our country?
- The Old Rectory Syndrome
- Can UKIP scale up?
- The spirit of the age
- Why is the gender pay gap higher for management jobs?
- The self-employment earnings timebomb
Monthly Archives: April 2007
Last night’s episode of The Apprentice was one of the best yet. Alan Sugar sent the candidates into the art world, with spectacular results. The candidates, who tell us every week how hard-headed and business-aware they are, allowed a bunch … Continue reading
This has a ring of truth to it. An American consultant was at a pier in a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellow-fin tuna. The … Continue reading
I always knew you had to be evil to work in Human Resources.
Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I’ve been on holiday and then having to do my day job for a while. Barclays has just announced that its proposed deal with ABN Amro will see the company’s headquarters move to Amsterdam. … Continue reading