- RT @azizonomics: Overall I think the wonk bubble was a really good thing, because it made more people back up their statements with charts … 6 hours ago
- RT @patrickjbutler: On my cuts blog: As the press spots the absurdity of benefit sanctions will public attitudes change? http://t.co/mRMdwA… 6 hours ago
- RT @SocietyGuardian: Benefit sanctions and absurdity: will public attitudes change? gu.com/p/42mm4 6 hours ago
- RT @FlipChartCat: Another shattering example of austerity and #PeakJobs telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/… cc @gmggranger HT @TracyLuke4 8 hours ago
- RT @CraigA_Ryan: "A cooling off, not an arctic chill,” says Scotiabank's Alan Clarke. theguardian.com/business/2014/… … But Jesus, it's freezing in … 10 hours ago
- RT @nikluac: "Uber: 15 Hour Days and Poverty Wages” - Uber drivers ow.ly/Di9SF via @flipchartrick >> Told you http://t.co/vXaZCW… 10 hours ago
- The first strike in the “sharing economy” michaelvandervort.com/working-in-the… HT @MikeVanDervort 10 hours ago
- RT @Birdyword: The EU was all like 'David you have to pay another £1.7bn' and I was like: http://t.co/E8Zx5CQbVu 10 hours ago
- @Frances_Coppola @tomashirstecon Could try the Queens Head again, though it does get a bit packed if you're not there early. 11 hours ago
- @statsjamie Over what time period is this Jamie? 11 hours ago
- Low wages and rising rents mean @OBR_UK keeps having to revise up its housing benefit forecast http://t.co/d9JIOubauI 11 hours ago
- At lease the benefits bill will come down as the economy grows.... Oh bugger! http://t.co/1iNOMiRntq 13 hours ago
- Lost decade? We used to dream of a lost decade!
- Public finances: From La La Land to Dipsy Land
- The taxless recovery
- A high-skill, low-wage recovery
- The 2015 Dilemma (Revised Edition)
- Pirate Day joke
- Nine thoughts on the referendum result
- Breaking up the UK – everyone’s a loser
- The brutal maths of public spending
- Who saw the crash coming?
- Are we really about to split up our country?
- The Old Rectory Syndrome
Monthly Archives: April 2007
Last night’s episode of The Apprentice was one of the best yet. Alan Sugar sent the candidates into the art world, with spectacular results. The candidates, who tell us every week how hard-headed and business-aware they are, allowed a bunch … Continue reading
This has a ring of truth to it. An American consultant was at a pier in a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellow-fin tuna. The … Continue reading
I always knew you had to be evil to work in Human Resources.
Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I’ve been on holiday and then having to do my day job for a while. Barclays has just announced that its proposed deal with ABN Amro will see the company’s headquarters move to Amsterdam. … Continue reading